Overall Satisfaction with Cisco IP Phone 7800 Series
The Cisco 7800 IP Phone is being used for VoIP communication as well as in the conference rooms and at the reception desk. The Cisco 7800 IP Phones integrates with the rest of the company's Cisco networking infrastructure (i.e. Cisco Catalyst PoE switches and Cisco Call Manager appliance). The business saves money as VoIP communication costs less than traditional telephone calls and the PoE (Power over Ethernet) capability allows the company to leverage the existing cabling infrastructure for both data and power requirements thus no additional power point is required for powering up the IP phones.
- The Cisco 7800 IP Phone supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) thus saving you money to install a power point as you can re-use your existing network cabling for both data and power.
- The Cisco 7800 IP Phone supports the SIP signaling protocol.
- The Cisco 7800 IP Phones can integrate with Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) standard directory (i.e. Active Directory) is thus supported
- It's more cost-effective than the other Cisco models thus explaining some of the limitations.
- It's a basic VoIP Phone and does not have many advanced features found in other models.
- The display is black and white and is not offered in HD color as one would expect nowadays.
- The IP Phone is only available to be ordered in limited colors i.e Charcoal or White.
- It doesn't support bluetooth so you need to use the standard analog headset jack.
- Cost-effective IP Phone - Meet the requirements of most basic phone users
- Easy to deploy within the environment.
- The device is easy to learn and simple to use.
- Integrates with Active Directory
Although the Cisco IP Phone 8800 Series had more features, HD resolution displays, and a wider range to select from, the Cisco IP Phone 7800 series was cost-effective and met the needs of most basic phone users. However, to minimize costs and to ensure that all users in the company are catered to, you can have a mixture of the Cisco 7800 and 8800 IP Phones within the environment.
To ensure that you get the most our of your IP Phone, it is always advisable to include Cisco SmartNet support as part of the order. SmartNet will provide you with peace of mind knowing that should your phone become faulty, it will be repaired/replaced by Cisco. SmartNet also provides you with technical support and firmware updates for your phone to ensure it is continually updated and secured. For additional assistance, you can explore https://community.cisco.com where you can post any questions relating to the Cisco 7800 IP Phone and get a response from users who had similar issues and their experiences in resolving them.
Do you think Cisco IP Phone 7800 Series delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco IP Phone 7800 Series's feature set?
Did Cisco IP Phone 7800 Series live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cisco IP Phone 7800 Series go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco IP Phone 7800 Series again?
It depends on where you want to deploy the IP Phone. Cisco 7800 Series works well for those users who require basic IP Phone functionality and the 7800 conference phone is ideal for those small meeting rooms. If you require more advanced collaboration features, then you should also explore the rest of Cisco's IP Phone range which offers more advanced features.