Cloud-based DNS security to help with your remote workforce
May 21, 2021

Cloud-based DNS security to help with your remote workforce

Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Umbrella

Cisco Umbrella is a great cloud-based security service that has helped us protect our employee's accounts, devices, and identities. This DNS security setup has been one of the most impressive I have ever seen or had the pleasure of using. It provides us with a fantastic amount of service for the price paid.
  • DNS Security is top-notch
  • The reporting dashboard allows us to see data and interpret it to make informed decisions.
  • It is easy to manage a large number of devices/accounts while using this platform.
  • The initial setup was a little tedious and time-consuming.
  • The reporting and alert configuration could use an overhaul.
  • Issues can be complex when you run into one. Expect to contact support.
  • Amazing cloud-based DNS security service.
  • Peace of mind allows us to not worry about every user and their network/browsing.
  • Integrations with other products is something that has proven to be very helpful.
Ever since the pandemic went into full swing our company has started to rely more heavily on remote workers and people using personal networks, unknown networks, and our usual networks. Initially, it was a cause for concern as nowadays you never really know who or what is waiting for you on an unknown network. Cisco Umbrella has given us reassurance that no matter where our employees are, they will be protected.
Integration with other Cisco products is something that was crucial when we were looking at security programs for our remote and non-remote workforce. The last thing anyone would ever want would be for their sensitive business information to be floating freely out there for anyone to see. Cisco Umbrella solves this problem and does so elegantly by providing security that is top-notch.
Since I have had to use the support and service options for Cisco Umbrella more than any of my other Cisco programs, I can say that the support for this program is really above and beyond what I have experienced with other companies. They are patient and they make sure that they fully understand the issue that you are facing before trying to diagnose and correct it.
This program, once properly set up, provides an amazing level of DNS security that I believe is second to none. While the platform is amazing and the service it provides is great, that doesn't mean that it is perfect. Like any product that I have ever used, there is always room for improvement which is why I am glad that we are in the hands of Cisco.