Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager)
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager) (CUCM) was used by our company internally, as well as solutions provided to our customers. It addressed the issue of all communications, including our telephone calls, company wide chat functionality both inside and outside the company. It provides, phone, video, voicemail, automated attendant, toll bypass, desktop chat, and mobile chat.
- Extensive call routing functionality
- In depth auto attendant capability
- Requires skilled and knowledgeable engineers to deploy.
- A lot of moving parts to get full system running
- Jabber through Expressway provides anywhere functionality and provides more productivity anywhere rather than being tied to the desk.
- Unity auto attendant minimizes the need for users to immediately answer the phone and provides in depth routing for to get callers to the optimal person. More efficient call handling.
CUCM can grow to any scale you want. You can have a small amount of users, to tens of thousands of phones to support any size your company grows to. Toll bypass via routing calls over the WAN as well as an extensive Unity voicemail system allows for efficient routing of your calls.
The Cisco Technical Assistance Center is very responsive. For business owners or average users, you will be well suited by tier1 once you immediately call in. More advanced engineers will find tier1 questions redundant and would be well served to give all troubleshooting steps already completed immediately upon calling in. Hardware warranty is great as well with replacement within 4 hours of a problem.
Do you think Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager)'s feature set?
Did Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager) go as expected?
Would you buy Cisco Unified Communications Manager (Call Manager) again?
CUCM is a great system that has a full feature set that will provide all features you would want for any size system. It may not be suited for small businesses that are less than 15 users due to cost. The BE6000 provides good cost for medium sized companies (up to 1,000 users) and the full size Call Manager system can grow as large as you need it to.