Helps streamline expenses, but could be more intuitive

Standard

Modules Used

• Expense

Overall Satisfaction with Concur Travel and Expense

Concur is used across Flatiron to help employees manage all business-related expenses (travel, team events, etc).
  • Searching for flights and lodging - It's easy to search for specific hotels in target cities and it's nice to know that the options surfaced are company approved/preferred.
  • Knowing what is "out of budget"- I appreciate that Concur flags if a selection is beyond what we'd typically pay for a service/stay for that given location.
  • Expense Reports - It's easy to combine all expenses into one report for approval. I like doing this for a months' worth of expenses at a time, as it streamlines the approval process for my manager.
  • Price - Often the price of flights and hotels I find on Concur are more than the ones I find directly via Google.
  • Required fields - each expense needs a lot of information entered for approval and the required fields don't save info previously entered. I wish there were ways to have preferred field content that pre-populates to make it a faster process.
  • Receipt Viewer - Uploading receipts is really manual and the receipt images are not super easy to locate on the site.
  • I'm not privy to these conversations, but in my day to day I've found it a pretty manual tool that takes a while to learn but once you've gotten the handle on it it works just fine.
I've only used Concur, so I don't have other examples to compare. Also I think there are Concur features I do not take advantage of so my answers may be skewed by my lack of familiarity.
I think the primary benefit has been streamlining the expense process, giving us a one-stop-shop for all expense tracking and company travel purchases, and removing some of the unknowns/ambiguity that can come with these processes. I love that I know exactly where to go for all expense related things.
I'd say Concur is "fine." It's helpful to standardize expense processes across the company, but I don't think it's particularly user friendly or intuitive, and I don't think it surfaces the most price-friendly options.

Concur Travel and Expense Feature Ratings