Creately looks vibrant and beautiful
October 04, 2019

Creately looks vibrant and beautiful

Richard Crane | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Creately

Creately allows me to create amazing looking project and business documentation. Creately provides templates for a number of different types of documents, including database diagrams, flowcharts, org charts, mind maps, and much more. I started using Creately for my own side consulting business, which has been great. I love the color options—it hits that part of my brain that thinks I'm a designer! It just looks good.
  • Creately provides the same experience that other similar tools (i.e. Visio) provides, but presents it in a much more colorful, unique manner. The colors are vibrant, and my clients have always been impressed with the quality and feel.
  • Creately provides a lot of creative control over how your images look. I can play with the opacity and color scheme, or use what they already provide.
  • Creately also allows me to create wireframes for clients to review, whether desktop or mobile. I can create simple, easy to understand frames and concepts in minutes - they're super professional looking and ready to share.
  • I like the pricing model. Right now I can pay month-to-month, or pay a one-time fee for a year. It's also less expensive than Visio, which is very nice.
  • I wish the free version had more than a five-document limit. It gave me enough to get into the app and start using it, but those five documents go quick. But it's not expensive, so you don't feel bad spending five dollars a month to continue using it.
  • The templates are good, but I think everyone customizes their own templates once they've been using Creately for a bit. And there's many that I would never use, but that's just due to my role as a business analyst. For example, I'm never going to use the ER Diagram under Engineering.
  • Creately is less expensive and dare I say more professional looking than Visio. It looks great at a fraction of the price.
  • Creately allows me to share ideas and processes with my clients. It shows that I understand their business processes, and increases their trust in my abilities to work with them.
I have tried several of the different types of diagram and process flow creators. They're all close to the same thing, with some minute details. But I think that's what is really impressive about Creately - it's the little differences that I like the most, such as the vibrant look and feel. It just looks better, and that becomes something I can use to differentiate me as a consultant. I think everyone uses Visio. Give Creately a try. It's very easy to use and will really set you apart.
I haven't used Creately's support. I don't know what to rate this to be honest. If there was an "N/A," I'd use that. I like products where I don't have to do a lot of research or studying to learn how to use the software. Creately allows me to jump in and go.

Do you think Creately delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Creately's feature set?

Did Creately live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Creately go as expected?

Would you buy Creately again?

I love Creately. I'd use it exclusively if it wasn't for Visio (we have an enterprise license at work). But for my own consulting needs, Creately is amazing. I'll use Creately, and then do a screenshot of my process flow to add into my project documentation, such as a business case, and it gets a lot of compliments. My colleges have asked me how I get Visio to produce these as if I have some secret Visio tips and tricks they don't know about. But to the business, they don't get into the nit-picky bits and pieces of the process. They just want to see the diagram.