Crimson Hexagon Review
August 09, 2019

Crimson Hexagon Review

Overall Satisfaction with Crimson Hexagon ForSight

It is being used within my team to understand social and cultural conversations about a topic, brand, feeling, etc. via social listening and machine learning. We use these insights to see how our clients' main group of consumers are discussing them in real-time and within certain platforms via sentiment, emotion, and also understand the brand's prominence in terms of reach, impressions, etc.
  • Machine Learning for defined themes of consumer conversation.
  • Change over time and the sharing of voice or volume of a certain conversation.
  • Adding filters over a certain query to understand how sub-themes or brands fit in within a general query.
  • Unfortunately, we cannot see Instagram or Facebook insights due to API.
  • Stronger machine learning capabilities.
  • Better efficiency of monitor resetting to compile results (this is sometimes very slow).
  • We have used Crimson Hexagon insights as part of a certain algorithm to compile research.
  • Quick turnaround for clients wanting real-time data.
  • Crisis management.
Crimson is very unique, and other social listening or monitoring tools (or content management tools) do not currently have the abilities crimson offers. I think that the Buzz monitor and Opinion Monitors are easy to create and monitor, compared to other tools where the overall interface may be a bit more modern, but it is often confusing.
Although I have run into some issues with Crimson ForSight with receiving errors that were not very descriptive of the core issue (compared to an issue while writing a query and the issue is clearly highlighted in red), whenever I did reach out to customer support, they were responsive the day of and often within a few hours.
The one big differentiator of Crimson is the BrightView monitor/opinion monitor that has machine learning capabilities to help understand mutually exclusive themes within earned consumer conversations related to the specific query you are examining. I've never used a tool that had this capability included along with traditional social listening (it's known more as their buzz monitor).
I think that Crimson is one of the strongest social listening tools I have used thus far in my 5 years of working in the social space and using a variety of platforms. I have never used a platform that has this sort of machine learning capability, in addition to traditional social listening.