True Data Integration
Updated April 14, 2017
True Data Integration
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Ceridian Dayforce HCM
Dayforce was implemented 3 years ago as a comprehensive HCM solution for our entire company. We currently use Dayforce for time and attendance, payroll, benefit management and HR. After reviewing other vendors, we felt that Dayforce was the only system that could deliver a fully integrated single record solution. We have visibility to our data that wasn't possible with our old provider.
- I have used many systems in the past for payroll processing, and Dayforce is the best. It is easy to use and very fast.
- It is a fully integrated system. It is nice to have a solution that has time up to date in payroll without any additional processing steps.
- ACA management is very easy and 1095 generation is tied directly to benefits management.
- Reporting is weak.
- Benefits management is challenging.
- Scheduling is time consuming.
- Our executive team is much happier because they have better access to data.
- Our employees are happier because they have a tool to get information they need.
- Our managers are happier because they are able to spend time working instead of managing employee/hr related tasks.
We haven't really used this function for forecasting. I hope that we will get there some day.
Dayforce helps maintain compliance with the pay rules while still being flexible enough to meet the needs of our locations.
It is truly integrated. This is a plug-in product that requires a background job to run overnight for the data to sync. I can see the impact of an employee punch in payroll as soon as it happens without any extra steps.
Ceridian Dayforce HCM Feature Ratings
Using Ceridian Dayforce HCM
200 - The majority of our users are department heads. They access the system to manage time and attendance.
2 - I manage any system changes that might be required like adding a new location or changing pay policies. We do have a systems analyst that manages any data feeds that we have.
- We use Dayforce to track HR disciplinary incidents.
- Dayforce built a solution for a new industry reporting requirement.
- We use Dayforce to track employee certification and license.
- We are looking to implement recruiting.
- We would love to use document management.
- Our IT team would like to use Dayforce to drive our active directory.
Evaluating Dayforce HCM and Competitors
Yes - We used Paycom for our payroll processing, but we didn't really have a comprehensive HCM system in place prior to Dayforce. Dayforce gave us integration, the ability to centralize payroll, automated benefits management and enterprise wide reporting all in an easy to use system. Before Dayforce we did not have complete control over our labor costs.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Vendor Reputation
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
- Analyst Reports
- Third-party Reviews
We needed a system that would be flexible enough to meet our needs, but integrated enough to make reporting easy. Our biggest complaint on our old system was the inability to report data across the company. Dayforce allowed us to take control over what was happening in payroll. We centralized payroll and brought benefits management in house for the first time.
Our CFO recently asked to review new HCM vendors for budgeting. After looking at these new vendors, I realized that we made the right choice in selecting Dayforce. Other systems were good, but they didn't have the usability of Dayforce. Many of the other vendors couldn't even offer a single system of record.
Dayforce HCM Implementation
Overall our implementation was good. We were able to work with a great team to accomplish the implementation with minimal issues. I wish we had spent more time on identifying reporting needs prior to implementation, since that is where we struggled after we went live on the new system. But it went well.
- Vendor implemented
- Professional services company
Because we didn't have a preexisting payroll or benefit team, we used consultants from Wise Consulting to help us through the implementation. Also we converted mid year, so the Wise consultants stayed with us through year end which was immensely helpful. They even reconciled the majority of our conversion data after the implementation.
Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled - We were not just trying to buy a new system. We needed to change everything. That meant centralizing payroll and benefits in the corporate office. We also needed to review every pay policy and benefit plan to make sure that it met our needs and wasn't a bandaid for an old problem.
Dayforce HCM Training
Dayforce HCM Support
Support has greatly improved over the last 3 years. The support team is much more knowledgeable about the Dayforce system than they were 3 years ago. Unfortunately tickets do get stuck in a black hole and it is never possible to pick up the phone to ask a question.
Problems left unsolved
Not kept informed
Difficult to get immediate help
Need to explain problems multiple times
Support doesn't seem to care
Slow Initial Response
No - we have a limited budget. We try very hard to be self sufficient when possible to keep cost down. We participate in the UAT testing and every Dayforce education webinar applicable to our system. Plus we pay a premium for our service, why should I have to pay more to get support. The system should work as designed period.
Yes - I have reported several bugs since we have been in Dayforce, and they never get fixed in a timely manner. I have reported bugs that were supposedly fixed in an upgraded, successfully tested the resolution during UAT testing only to find that it still wasn't fixed in production. I know that if I open a ticket that goes to R&D, it is never going to be resolved.
Our industry was faced with a new reporting requirement to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid. As soon as we contacted Dayforce, the product teams jumped in to create a solution in Dayforce. The solution is bad and we aren't going to use it, but they at least took the time to attempt to work on our problem.
Using Dayforce HCM
Overall Dayforce is a very user friendly system. Unfortunately, there are modules that are not as user friendly. Benefits management has been a struggle because of how challenging it is for our facility hr staff to manage. Our COO has completely given up on scheduling. She feels that it is too cumbersome for our department heads.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- The payroll system is very easy and is updated in real time. It is nice to know that as soon as an employee punches, the data exists in payroll.
- Employee self service is very user friendly. We have many employees that are not computer literate and they have been able to use Dayforce with very little training.
- The integration between benefits management and the 1095 is seamless. It requires very little effort on our part to ensure accurate 1095s.
- Scheduling is very time consuming. Our company has high turnover, so shift rotations are not a reasonable solution for us to use when creating schedules. We also need to be able to easily schedule a month at a time, not a week at a time.
- Benefits Management is unnecessarily cumbersome. There are a lot of extra steps and it is difficult for our facility hr staff to manage without a lot of assistance.
- Reporting can be difficult. There are times that no topic exists that meets our needs and you can't create a custom topic because you can't join tables as needed.
Yes - Our employees LOVE the mobile app. Our hourly employees use the system to keep track of schedules and time worked. Our department heads love the Dayforce mobile app because they can very easily tell when an employee is scheduled to work, working on the clock or clocked in but not working.
Relationship with Ceridian
We have seen many improvements to Dayforce in the 4 years we have used the system across the application. Dayforce has added functionality for recruiting, performance management and dashboards. We have also seen improvements in the core functionalities like reporting and payroll that have allowed us to streamline processes and save money.