Overall Satisfaction with Deltek Costpoint
Deltek Costpoint is used across the whole organization. Our business rules allowed us to configure by organization, accounts, and projects. Program managers know exactly where they stand in relation to project status, performance, and funding. In the past, this information wasn't readily available, whereas now it can be reviewed in real-time.
- Enterprise Reporting
- Budgeting and Planning
- Time and Expense
- Materials Management
- Customer Care - this is probably the one area that needs the most work.
- Quality Control Testing - if this area had a higher level of detail prior to releasing updates, it might mitigate the number of patches required for customers.
- Cloud Based Product doesn't work for every customer. Get multiple references before considering moving to the cloud offering.
- Option to complete tasks using customized workflow has made a big difference in productivity.
- Automating manual processes has allowed employees to complete business transactions in a fraction of time, producing a greater return on investment.
- Automating document repository processes eliminates the need for paper and allows us to work in a truly paperless environment.
Deltek Costpoint is really in a class by itself. There really aren't any true competitors that have project accounting as a staple of their software enterprise suite. Certain components of Costpoint might compete with large ERP systems but each one is unique to that particular industry whereas Costpoint works across all industries and is seamless.
Deltek Costpoint is well suited in many areas. Accounts Payable is easy to use and straightforward. Accounts Receivable and Billing are also easy to use and allow flexibility in how bills are generated from the system. The Labor/Leave/Payroll functionality is all-inclusive and is simple to use in-house. Project management and materials management are all very robust modules available as part of the core system. Fixed assets could use a little updating. Human Resources is adequate and works well with Talent Management.