June 20, 2020
William BlairFinancial Services, 501-1000 employees
Score 7 out of 10
- Single Table Deduplicator
Overall Satisfaction with DemandTools
DemandTools is used by the Salesforce team primarily to look up contact or company IDs from an Excel file, to load new contacts from an Excel file, and to merge duplicate contacts or companies as identified by end-users.
- Data lookup
- Data loads
- Duplicate merges
- Simpler interface for selecting scenarios.
- Giving users the option to force through contacts that are flagged as potential duplicates.
- Simplified marketing process by quickly finding contact records based just on email.
- Streamlined process of comparing a user's external rolodex to CRM.
I use DemandTools rather than Dataloader for uploading from a list of contacts because it is better at identifying existing matches and providing the ID rather than creating duplicates. However, for mass updates to existing data or mass deletes, I prefer Dataloader. I'm not sure if those are possible to do within DemandTools.
It is well-suited for one-off merges that have been identified by users. I find it less suited for mass merges based on specific criteria (i.e. same email address), at least for our organization because there is a high risk of false positives due to the quality of our data.