Overall Satisfaction with DraftSight
I use DraftSight to design equipment that is used by the company that I consult with. These are mechanical parts and assemblies. I like the DraftSight product but the company that sells the product just passes the buck and does not help the customer.
- DraftSight is easy to use if you are familiar with AutoCAD but a lot less expensive.
- If you are using DraftSight professional the hardware catalog and other drawings are easy to insert in the drawing you are working on.
- Drawings are easy to create with dimensions in standard form.
- An easier startup menu for setting up drawing defaults would be nice.
- The product takes a long time to load with no indication that it is loading just a blank screen.
- Product support is almost no existent. Took about 3 weeks to resolve a s/n issue.
- The cost of DraftSight is significantly less that AutoCAD and has most of that software's functionality.
I've used AutoCAD and TurboCAD and once the different steps used to create the drawings are learned, DraftSight was more efficient than the competition.
Do you think DraftSight delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with DraftSight's feature set?
Did DraftSight live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of DraftSight go as expected?
Would you buy DraftSight again?
- Designing product and presenting to client
- Making changes requested by client
- Provide working drawings
Evaluating DraftSight and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
Mainly price and the product file can be used by other CAD products.
Problems left unsolved
Not kept informed
Difficult to get immediate help
Need to explain problems multiple times
Slow Initial Response
Once the normal drawing functions are learned the rest of the functions are easy to complete.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using