Overall Satisfaction with DraftSight
I use DraftSight to make furniture details of new designs. I send these to manufacturers that I work for and they are produced in factories in the US, China and Vietnam. It is great for quick and accurate information on how to build new furniture samples and info can be exchanged back and forth.
- Works with other .dwg files - AutoCAD
- Shortcuts - I seldom even touch the keyboard for anything besides numbers
- Simple to learn
- Mouse gestures
- CUSTOMER SUPPORT !!!!!!!
- Video learning for EVERYTHING .
- When I search for a command, more generic terms - i.e. - you call it hatch, but I may be asking for cross-hatching or hatching and nothing shows up.
- It has been free - that is positive even 100 dollars now is great.
- Very difficult to access service. That has been very costly and cost me a lot of time at the most inopportune times.
- Easily accepted across the world.
Evaluating DraftSight and Competitors
Change management was minimal - Reserve a whole day if I have to re load.
Knowledgeable support team, but overnight communication across the world is unacceptable when DS is not working.
Problems get solved
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Difficult to get immediate help
Slow Initial Response
yes, support is mandatory to have, a few things can be worked thru. But if it dead in the water, in must be fixed Now. Maybe a quick, well defined, easy to locate access point for help is there somewhere, but it always seems that I get the slow process.
I must keep up and going to meet deadlines
Yes - yes, Just now reported an issue with DS 2022 SP0. Told it would be fixed later. a link is to be sent so I can go back and download 2021.