Overall Satisfaction with DraftSight
I am the only employee who currently uses DraftSight. It is used to create pictorial images for our customer proposals and orders, to give our customer a vision of what the finished product will look like.
- Easy interface.
- Responsive program, not much lag.
- File types convert very well between DraftSight and AutoCAD 2007 version.
- I'd like so see more options for isometric drawings.
- I'd like to see a better helpful guide for looking up command names. I like to type commands instead of searching for icons.
- I'd like to see a free version come back, if even a "lite" version that is limited but more than just a viewer. I believe offering a free "lite" version would increase usage and sales.
- Our company uses in-house programming with MS office products that tie into AutoCAD 2007. I cannot use those programs with DraftSight. This issue is only with us but I am not sure if other companies would have the same issue.
I have looked at others but most are either viewer programs or full versions that are paid without free trials and I am not willing to to subscribe without trying it first.
DraftSight is very well suited for begineers who have not used CAD, such as myself. I can use AutoCad now because I learned with DraftSight's free version. I now prefer to use DraftSight out of comfort but I am able to navigate and operate AutoCad if necessary. DraftSight's interface is very friendly and responsive, I am able to complete my drawings quickly and efficiently. I highly recommend!