Perfect balance of price and functionality

Perfect balance of price and functionality

Software Version

Paid

Overall Satisfaction with DraftSight

I use DraftSight because of how user friendly it is at the very low cost compared to some of the more mainstream packages. It has some limitations compared to the more mainstream packages, but the value for money is superb.
  • Low cost
  • Intuitive interface
  • Good support and knowledge base on the Internet
  • Our main issue is compatibility of the plot configuration files with AutoCAD drawings
  • Allows me to make quick changes myself without incurring costs from our CAD team
  • Allow for quicker responses to clients by using the software myself rather than referring to a draftsman
DraftSight is much lower cost than AutoCAD and has similar functionality. AutoCAD LT is too restricted in what the software can do. SOLIDWORKS is a strong package but is more suited toward 3D work and does not allow us to access AutoCAD format drawings we receive from our clients. DraftSight fits the gap perfectly.
I use draftsight because of how user friendly it is at the very low cost compared to some of the more mainstream packages. It has some limitations compared to the more mainstream packages but the value for money is superb. I don't use this as a substitute for our CAD drafting team but as an engineer it allows me to quickly modify, explore and interrogate drawing at a very reasonable price.