EC2 Cloud Backups without the headache
Tyler Cook | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 20, 2019

EC2 Cloud Backups without the headache

Overall Satisfaction with Druva CloudRanger

We use CloudRanger to backup our AWS EC2 environment and to schedule powering on and off our compute resources. CloudRanger enables us to work on our business and not worry about managing homegrown backup scripts, reports, or code. We are protected and ready to go in case of any issues that arise.
  • CloudRanger is easy to use. I got our environement set up and had backups rolling within 20 minutes.
  • Support is fantastic. We rarely have issues. But for feature user and other questions support is quick to respond and provides a ton of in sight.
  • It scales very well. We started with 20 EC2 instances and we've bumped up to over 150 EC2 instances without having to do anything.
  • I would love to see something for RDS environments. We only have a few, but there is no support for them.
  • Being able to share backup AMI's with other accounts would be fantastic. We could take backups of QA\Dev and share those images to our Prod account.
  • With the built-in server scheduler, CloudRanger pays for itself and then some.
  • When we switched from On-Prem\traditional backups to CloudRanger, our cost of backups dropped significantly.
  • Management is simple. I log into the console 2-3 times a week for about 3 minutes apiece. I do not have to worry about backups running. They just work.
I've compared a few other tools about a year ago. CloudRanger by far was simplest to use. There is no hosting of resources required on your infrastructure stack. CloudRanger hosts your management console and provides updates. Other products I've demoed sometimes require for management the use of some sort of compute node or appliance that then falls on you to manage. CloudRanger takes care of everything.
Their support is top notch. I've only had to open a few tickets that were mostly just a Q and A session. But their support has proactivaly reached out and suggested that we update our CloudFormation template to get the latest software features. I usually get a response within an hour after opening a non-critical ticket.

Do you think Druva CloudRanger delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Druva CloudRanger's feature set?

Did Druva CloudRanger live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Druva CloudRanger go as expected?

Would you buy Druva CloudRanger again?

If you're using AWS to run your Virtual Workloads, CloudRanger is one of the easiest ways to backup and protect those resources. If you're using cloud-native stacks like Lambda, Containers, or Serverless workloads, CloudRanger may not be a good fit since it solely exists in the EC2 space. Even if you're looking for a tool to schedule servers powering on and off to save on compute cost, CloudRanger does a fantastic job.

CloudRanger Feature Ratings