Overall Satisfaction with Egencia
We use Egencia for price comparison shopping. It is also the tool used by our employees when the support staff, that handles booking travel, is not available. It allows things to be charged to a corporate credit card so that the employees do not have to use their own money and then get reimbursed.
- Price comparisons - easy to use to get price comparisons for the major airlines.
- Rental car bookings - we use it to book a lot of our car rentals because we are able to see the best choices as well as have it set up to use the direct bill feature.
- Easy to book multiple travels on the same itinerary.
- It would be easier if we could go directly to the airline and/or hotel to cancel or change something rather than having to go through Egencia.
- We cannot easily see when your employees will NOT be getting their reward points for hotel or car rentals due to policy restrictions.
- The minimal fee for airline travel booking is a great savings compared to possibly having to hire another employee to handle travel when we are no in the office or during after hours scenarios.
We have used a lot of the online travel sites (Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hot Wire etc...) primarily for price shopping only. We do not have it set as an option for employees to use those services.
Overall, Egencia is a good tool for my employees to use when I (or my work partner) aren't available to make the reservations. They can easily access their account and the charges will go on the corporate credit card. This makes it all around easy for the traveling employees.