An Expert Review of the Ektron Content Management Systemhttps://www.trustradius.com/cmsEktron Web Content Management System (Discontinued)Unspecified6.3471012014-10-03T19:43:10.858Z
October 03, 2014
An Expert Review of the Ektron Content Management System
Score 8 out of 101
- Marketing Suite
- Social Suite
- Digital Experience Hub (DxH)
- Content Marketing Platform
Overall Satisfaction with Ektron Web Content Management System
Ektron is used to run our corporate website. Our marketing team members are the primary users of the CMS platform. They use it daily to create content, publish blogs, execute on our SEO and inbound marketing initiatives including but not limited to:
- Displaying Call to Actions (CTAs)
- Creating Landing Pages
- Capturing Leads
- Personalizing the customer journey
- The eSync product is one of the best tools on the market for synchronizing both content and its associated assets between and authoring and production environment
- The Cloud Manager offers a streamlined process for hosting in the cloud
- The Taxonomy functionality allows you to create one piece of content and serve it up contextually throughout other areas of the website with ease.
- The user interface within the administration area feels very dated
- The Page Builder product produces a fair amount of extraneous html markup which can make some mobile implementations more complicated
- The Page Builder product can case somewhat of a maintenance complication for large scale websites
- Faster Lead Conversion
- Faster time to market on content creation
- Reduced dependency on development staff for website updates
Ektron is one of the leaders in the industry and often is compared to EPiServer and Sitecore CMS platforms. We selected Ektron due to our requirements to maintain the ASP.Net environmental stack and the requirement to have a sanitized (non public) staging / authoring environment. Ektron and its eSync product have allowed us to accomplish both of these goals with very little effort.
We think of Ektron as an investment and just like any investment, the longer you have it, the more ROI you receive (hopefully). We have been using Ektron since the CMS 300 days and have successfully upgraded to every version of the product since. Our content team is trained and comfortable with the product and we don't have any ambitions to change anytime soon.
If a key business requirement is to have an Enterprise Level CMS platform that allows seamless synchronization between authoring and production hosting environments, Ektron is by far the leader in the industry. Additionally, if you are for a platform that will scale well to large amounts of content, Ektron is also a good fit.