Overall Satisfaction with Emburse Chrome River
We use Emburse Chrome River to meet our Procure-to-Pay needs, as well as assist us with our unique workflow needs as a non-profit. We have quite a few Program and Budget Owners that need to review PO's and Invoices so that we can satisfy this need through Chrome River. We can also handle encumbrance accounting and reports through the system to provide helpful budget reports to those same users.
- Robust PO and Invoice Workflow Approval.
- Solid integration and data feed options to connect with most ERP's.
- Clean and intuitive interface for end users.
- The ability to apply multiple PO's to a single invoice.
- The ability to import transactions/invoices through a ccv feed.
- Build out their API connections so you can push and pull data into the system.
- Positive: Assisted in automating more of our A/P process.
- Positive: Allows our users to handle more of the process on their own instead of requiring Finance's assistance through the entire process.
- Negative: The system doesn't allow you to amend an existing PO, so it can create a convoluted list of PO's if you have to make corrections or adjustments. Reduces some of the efficiencies the system brings in other areas.
We have been able to integrate with our ERP, Financial Force, using SFTP file dropping. There are primary integrations that they have built out with the larger ERP platforms, but they do not currently have an open API to build to push into other ERP's. They do have alternative solutions to assist with this (like the SFTP file drop).
The 3 biggest reasons we went with Chrome River were: The dynamic workflow capabilities of Chrome River compared to other systems. We have 30-45 budget owners who need to review/approve based on the budget codes they oversee. Most other systems just allowed for a departmental figure to review/approve. The ability to generate encumbrance reports for our non-profit needs. The cost-benefit of system features and functionality to the pricing model.
Chrome River has exceptional consultants and support staff. We have had nothing but a fantastic experience with how their team has treated us, as well as working through some of our unique business needs. From implementation to ongoing support, they have helped my small team successfully automate our Procure-to-Pay process from our older systems.
Chrome River is a dynamic and robust system if you are needing strong workflow options. You can build/design the workflow approvals off of any field, including user-defined fields. The system is also unique to other cloud-based systems in your ability to customize your instance of the platform. The front-end system is extremely clean and intuitive for end-users, but I would recommend someone with more technical competency for the implementation and maintenance of the system. Chrome River has excellent customer service and competent implementation specialists to help you throughout the whole process.