Easy to use; problems with customer service exist.
October 12, 2019

Easy to use; problems with customer service exist.

Overall Satisfaction with EMS Software

We use EMS across our campus to satisfy a number of different departments. The Events office uses it to reserve spaces and automobiles for each department on campus. The academic side reserves rooms for classes, review sessions, thesis defenses and study groups for a number of different department and student organizations.
  • We haven't had an issue with double bookings.
  • The ease of requesting a room for a certain time/date is said to be an easy process for the external users.
  • For the internal user, it's quite easy to reserve a space and send confirmation off to the requester.
  • Customer service has been an issue for us over the past year.
  • The ease of using it as a mobile device hasn't been something which I've found yet.
  • I believe EMS has a positive impact on the institution from the standpoint that we can reserve spaces for those on campus in a central location.
  • Events and academics have both found that the system works because we receive error messages and such when we run into an issue - which is very helpful.
EMS was the best choice for us because the other ones either were outdated or they were focused on academics or events. EMS was a good fit for us at the time because we felt that it met both the needs of the Events Office as well as the academic office.
I believe EMS stacks up well against other software because over the last 8-9 years - we've seen EMS change in appearance (to keep up with other software) and they've found a way to make it easier to use. From the day we first used it - it's changed for the better.
  • I haven't integrated any other tools with EMS at this point
I would say EMS is not limited or too extensive - I think it fits our school's needs almost perfectly. Like I said, they've reconfigured the system's look a number of times (seems to have met our needs and made it easier each time). It's still an easy process to publish or synch the terms as well.
EMS Software is a major upgrade over the system which we've used in the past (Resource 25). It's easy to use. No need to worry about double bookings. The process of publishing is an easy task. Just the way we use EMS works for us. Every once in a while, I'll come across an issue (running reports, a class doesn't synch into a building, or what have you) - those problems I come across every now and then. I receive help from EMS. Those are problems which I wish didn't happen but they do.