Overall Satisfaction with Formstack Documents (formerly WebMerge)
We used Formstack Documents [(formerly WebMerge)] to move our internal sales proposal generation process from structured data entry to a final, client-ready presentation. We also used Formstack Documents [(formerly WebMerge)] within our consulting services department to generate client documentation, sign off forms, and other client-facing forms. The solution allowed us to bridge data entry into formal and final client documents. The ability to generate editable documents rather than just PDF also gave us the flexibility to customize the document after generation, which meant that we could keep our structured data simpler and still achieve easy, custom results for each document.
- Excellent integration with other popular platforms
- Clear and usable documentation to walk through setup in a number of scenarios
- Responsive support that provided appropriate answers when we had questions
- Flexibility in use cases that support multiple modes of use
- Integration with a third-party platform through Zapier tended to be very limited in actual functionality
- The functionality for testing as you roll out a new document, particularly one using a different method than previously used, was cumbersome and errors weren't always clear
- Documentation of field naming conventions sometimes was not clear, leading to some additional troubleshooting to figure out syntax when trying to integrate
- In generating a sales proposal, the time to generate was reduced from roughly 8 hours to under 1 hour, including time for edits and customization after generation.
- Sales proposals were much more consistent and had less overall errors/omissions/mistakes after switching to this solution. In addition, the number of people involved in sales proposal generation went down from 4 to 2, because we didn't need someone vetting formatting and standard language for every proposal.
- Client-facing documentation went from a trailing time of 4-5 weeks post-project to delivery within 48 hours post-project. This was largely due to busy consultants being able to enter the data in a straight form and just generate documentation, rather than free-form edit documentation.
- Tracking of the generation of both sales proposals and client documentation moved from hunting through shared drive folders to looking at the updated form field after Formstack Documents received the document and updated the source field. It also emailed documents to groups, allowing easy tracking of timing and finding the original document. This cut down on wasted time and pointed fingers.
Formstack Documents [(formerly WebMerge)] has better overall integration with third-party integrators at a very competitive cost. That allowed us to have a broader range of choices than something like SharePoint at a better cost point than something like DocuSign. It was simple to implement, flexible, and gave us what we needed without a lot of extra fuss.
Do you think Formstack Documents delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Formstack Documents's feature set?
Did Formstack Documents live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Formstack Documents go as expected?
Would you buy Formstack Documents again?
Formstack Documents [(formerly WebMerge)] is extremely well-suited to relatively simple document generation across a variety of target formats. It also does much better than other options I tried out when I was dealing with relational data, as opposed to single table data, on the source side. It is a single direction solution - put data in, get document out - so it wouldn't be as great a choice for documents that are iterative and need updates from the source data; you will generate an entirely new document each time.