Great tool if you have the resources to implement and manage ithttps://www.trustradius.com/customer-successGainsightUnspecified8.43611012019-04-26T18:48:29.463Z
April 26, 2019
Great tool if you have the resources to implement and manage it
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Gainsight
Gainsight is being used by the entire customer success team on a day to day basis. In addition, the product team uses Gainsight occasionally. Lastly members of leadership have access to Gainsight and they use mostly the Dashboard from time to time.
- Native integration with Salesforce
- Great work management capabilities (CTAs, tasks, automation/semi-automation of tasks)
- Automation of customer outreaches such as surveys and welcome emails
- Robust health score
- Great capabilities for logging touchpoint (formatting, selecting topics, choosing attendings, reporting capabilities)
- Lacking capabilities for gathering, reporting and analyzing usage data
- The ability to format charts (font sizes, chart sizes, etc.) is limited
- Gainsight is a complex tool that takes a lot of training and experience in order to fully utilize
The support team of Gainsight is one of the best ones I've worked with. They are extremely quick to respond, understand the software very well, and provide detailed explanations and solutions.
Executive care about data that lives in Gainsight a lot. They'd like to have visibility into how our customers are doing, different trends, forecasting as well as key KPIs such as retention rates. The dashboard capabilities in Gainsight are great and are used from time to time by executives. However, since it is very challenging to calculate many KPIs (net retention rate, gross retention rate, etc.) using Gainsight's data management tools, those are missing from our dashboards which prevents Gainsight from being the one source for all customer related data.
- Retention has grown significantly
- Visibility into customers and performance is much higher
- The response rate to surveys is much higher than it was with our older system
Gainsight is a much more robust tool than Totango and offers many more features with more capabilities. However, implementing and managing it is much more time consuming and technical. One key advantage for Gainsight is that it lives in Salesforce, whereas with Totango you might have some issues integrating the two systems. Also, the work management tools and reporting of Gainsight are far more robust. The one advantage Totango has is integrating and reporting of usage data, which is much easier and offers more functionality than Gainsight, and provides a lot of value.
Gainsight is connected to Salesforce, Gainsight PX and Zendesk. The integration to Salesforce is smooth as the product lives in Salesforce and the integration to Zendesk is great as well. However, the integration with Gainsight PX is not as easy as I thought, requires help from PX's developers and making changes is not as straightforward as I expected it to be.
Gainsight is great if you have a customer success team of at least 10 CSMs, and the resources to have a team member implement it and spend a lot of time managing it. If you have many of the process and data already in Salesforce, the implementation of Gainsight can be much smoother.