SMART by GEP - We are excited about this deployment!
July 19, 2021

SMART by GEP - We are excited about this deployment!

Adriana Paez | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with GEP SMART

SMART by GEP is being deployed at my company, replacing the current eProcurement system, Ariba (from SAP). SMART will bring efficiency - with mobile capability, simplification, more user-friendly, more intuitive. We are hoping that SMART will encourage more users to order directly into the system and reduce the middle person for the ordering process.
  • More user-friendly, more intuitive
  • Faster tool, less complicated than Ariba
  • Reporting capability to provide easy visibility into the S2P process
  • Sourcing functionality not as intuitive
  • Agile deployment leaving some fixes to be done post-go-live
  • Less robust than Ariba
We are moving from Ariba to SMART. So I have to say that Ariba also offers a robust S2P capability. With the SMART rollout (we are still in the process) our hope is that the end-user will find it user-friendlier and reduce the need to request others to create their orders. SMART should facilitate the pre and post contracting activities all within a single platform, to enable comprehensive reporting and visibility into the transactions.
  • We were told that SMART will allow us to use the tool on the mobile. I have not tested this part yet, as we are still deploying the system. Other organizations within my company already use SMART and I have been testing the tool
Very user-friendly and intuitive. The tool feels more updated than Ariba, with a "cooler" and more modern design. We want end-users to lessen the need for support. SMART has A.I. built-in to troubleshoot users' issues and answer the 'how to' questions. The tool was implemented successfully in other parts of the organization and so far I have received excellent feedback. The only con would be that it is less robust compared to Ariba.
SMART by GEP is implemented with the support of the GEP team. Training is available in different formats, in-person or self-paced. So the support on the training side, both pre and post-go-live is very good. The end-users find it simpler to use and they are able to request their orders directly.
SMART integrates with SAP with no problem. SMART also integrates with JDE (however, my experience is limited to SAP only). As far as the time to access information (compared to Ariba), I believe that SMART runs faster reports. It is a 'lighter' tool in the sense that it runs smoothly.
Pages load quickly in SMART. Reports are indeed complete and ready to export to excel in a very reasonable time frame. It does not slow down other ERP systems, such as SAP. It manages materials and services well. During implementation, GEP provided step-by-step plan and design support, adjusting customizations as needed.
SMART is less robust than Ariba. However, SMART gets the job done and it is more user-friendly than Ariba. End-users like the fact that they can approve their transactions on their mobile phones (although I have not tested this feature yet, this is what the implementation team conveyed to me).

Do you think GEP SMART delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with GEP SMART's feature set?

Did GEP SMART live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of GEP SMART go as expected?

Would you buy GEP SMART again?

The GEP team designed SMART to compete with Ariba (which is owned by SAP). SMART by GEP is a procurement tool that helps with the Source to Pay process, from RFP to invoice payment. It has guidelines within the tool that answers users' questions. SMART makes it simple to run reports, import and export data from and to the database, and coordinate e-Sourcing events.