Overall Satisfaction with Gong
Gong is extremely helpful for a variety of reasons - not only can I refer back to calls with clients to ensure I understood their asks, but Gong also analyzes my calls for filler words and flags if a deal might be at risk. It has helped me to cut down on using fluff that has no meaning, identify when a deal could be headed in the wrong direction, and ensure client satisfaction time and time again.
- Identify at risk deals
- Flag filler words used by myself and clients
- Ping me to follow up with clients in a timely fashion
- The timeline at the top of the screen sometimes gets very squished and hard to decipher
- The use of pink and purple dots are not super intuitive at first
- Time savings because I get pinged when I need to follow up with a client
- Revenue expansion because I can identify upsell opportunities really easily
- Alignment between my team and leadership as they can see exactly where a conversation went - what went well & what went poorly, etc.
Everything is great, overall! The only issue I have ever experienced is that the timeline at the top of the screen has glitched and become very crunched, so it is very challenging to determine when calls occurred and how long it has been since the client has been contacted or has responded to an outreach effort.
Gong has provided me and my team with valuable insight in regards to deals that are potentially at risk, such as clients who consistently mention (or even mention once) competitor names. The same process works for identifying upsell opportunities; if a client mentions they leverage a partner, it allows me to see if there is room for revenue expansion or even just a strengthened proof of value for the client so they are more likely to renew.
Do you think Gong delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Gong's feature set?
Did Gong live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Gong go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Gong again?
Gong is most appropriate for teams that are on video calls on a regular basis with clients and external stakeholders or partners or who have a revenue metric they need to meet. Gong allows for teams to keep track of their client calls, and follow-ups and a deal is potentially at risk. Gong is least appropriate for teams who do not interact with clients or external stakeholders on a regular basis or who only have internal metrics to meet for a small team.