Overall Satisfaction with Gong.io
Gong.io has been a game-changer for my team. We use it to review calls and ensure scope, requirements, and deliverables are met. We also store our calls in a library for QA and training review. It's helped immensely coupled with Spekit for internal documentation to quickly ramp our new hires up as we grow our team. It allows us to review parts of calls instead of the whole conversation and hone in on specific use cases, feedback, etc. Overall, I will admit that I was a skeptical buyer of the tool and didn't understand why it was different than other software but I'm a huge advocate in the ability to review, store and share calls at scale.
- Call sharing and permissions: We can share calls internally/externally but control how and when.
- Call review: Looks at our calls and provides insights for talk time and key points that we're striving to hit.
- Storage and accessibility: It's easier to find previous calls and store them for use later.
- Zoom integration can sometimes be faulty but that may be more on the Zoom side of things.
- Being able to turn on/off recording and determine how/when pre-call would be helpful so we don't have to do so in flight.
- Call review/insights
- Call storage and recall
- Call transcriptions
- Speed to delivery
Zoom, telephony systems, and RingCentral. I think all of these attempt Gong.io's functionality as a side focus but Gong.io's approach to call recording, assessment, storage, and sharing fits the need perfectly in my opinion. I would recommend layering Gong.io on to other calling solutions as needed, including Zoom meetings, in order to get good insights for your team and be able to scale through great training and feedback.
Do you think Gong delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Gong's feature set?
Did Gong live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Gong go as expected?
Would you buy Gong again?
Obviously, sales is a big one. Our sales team uses the tool today for their call reviews. However, CS and CS Ops have really used this to better transition customers from pre to post-sales and then make sure we're on point to fulfill our obligations to the customer at every step of the way. I would also say that an internal QA team could very easily use this tool at scale.