The Classroom of the Modern Era
February 08, 2020

The Classroom of the Modern Era

Mandy Henriksen | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Google Classroom

Google Classroom is a program that is available to everyone in my organization; however, not everyone chooses to use it. Typically, it is used to post assignments, have students turn in assignments, and communicate with them and their parents effectively. In regards to business problems being addressed, Google Classroom makes managing the classroom much easier than with pen and paper (and it's good for the environment!).
  • Organization
  • Engagement
  • Limited integration
  • Editing problems
  • Increased participation
  • Increased Engagement
Interestingly enough, I do not have another format/product that I have utilized to be able to compare/contrast it to Google Classroom. However, I do find that Google Classroom is quite an effective strategy for distance learning and collaboration with students. I chose to use it because I believed that it would help improve the classroom environment while also allowing students to be responsible for their own work.

Do you think Google Classroom delivers good value for the price?

Not sure

Are you happy with Google Classroom's feature set?

Did Google Classroom live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Google Classroom go as expected?

Would you buy Google Classroom again?

• One scenario where Google Classroom is well suited is in having students respond to a prompt at the beginning of each class. Students log into the computers, go to Google Classroom, and see the prompt posted in "stream" or under "classwork." Depending on the settings, students can then comment on each other's posts, enabling a sense of collaboration with the students.
  • One scenario where Google Classroom is less appropriate is on an assignment with Google Slides. It becomes a bit wonky for students to access each time they are working on the assignment, and I have found that they frequently get lost trying to return to it.

Google Classroom Feature Ratings

Learning administration
Learning reporting & analytics
Social learning

Google Classroom Support

Up until this point, I have had no issues working with Google Classroom. It is due to this that I believe I do not have enough sufficient evidence to rate the overall support. However, I do find that if there is a question I have, I can search it in Google's search engine, and results immediately pop up. So, if this counts as overall support, I would give it a 10.