Overall Satisfaction with Google Domains
- Free private registration
- Easy integration with Google Apps and Google App Engine
- Great selection of TLDs
- Easy integration with many hosting providers
- Some more advanced features are more hidden or simplified, which keeps things simple for less advanced users, but makes things more confusing for power users.
- If you are not taking advantage of the free private registration, prices can be higher than some competitors, like Namecheap.
Google Domains and Namecheap are both undeniably better than GoDaddy—better companies, less confusing interfaces, and generally lower prices. Namecheap usually has lower prices on domains, and definitely has more sales, but Google Domains's free private registration can make it cheaper in the long run.
Google Domains is excellent if you want to use Google Apps or Google Cloud Platform with your domain, as it makes setting up that integration very simple and straightforward. If you want a cheap domain and/or do not care about private registration, other competitors might be a little bit cheaper.