What I like and appreciate about Grammarly (the free version)
May 25, 2021

What I like and appreciate about Grammarly (the free version)

Talya Lutzker | TrustRadius Reviewer

Software Version

Free

Overall Satisfaction with Grammarly

We use Grammarly to edit and review sales page copy, newsletters, blog posts, and so much more. I ask all of my employees to use Grammarly when creating any kind of copy as it easily catches small errors that might otherwise get overlooked - especially when it comes to sentence structure and overall readability.
  • Shows misspelled words and offers alternatives.
  • Points out grammar that doesn't really work and offers alternatives.
  • Adds excellence to overall copy by making sure that grammar is correct.
  • I tried the paid version briefly and didn't find the suggestions to be as helpful as I'd hoped.
  • I really like the way Grammarly works overall - it would be nice if the free version gave just a little more attention to use of passive voice.
  • I'd love for Grammarly to point out whole sentences that are hard to read or comprehend.
  • I'd love for Grammarly to offer an overall sense of readability for one piece of copy.
  • The spell checking feature.
  • The grammar checking feature.
  • The tone readability feature - measuring the feel of the copy.
  • It definitely has saved time on spell checking.
  • It's improved risk mitigation.
  • It's helped me and my employees create clearer copy overall.
Hemingway Editor isn't as great as Grammarly for overall grammar checking. But it does point out when you've over-used adverbs, when you've used passive voice, how to create simpler phrases that are more easily readable, and points out sentences that are hard to read or very hard to read.

Do you think Grammarly delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Grammarly's feature set?

Did Grammarly live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Grammarly go as expected?

Would you buy Grammarly again?

Asana, Slack, Google Workspace (formerly G Suite)
Grammarly is well-suited to anyone on your team who's writing copy for your website, blog post, video descriptions, newsletters, and more. It's especially well-suited to anyone who isn't great with grammar or spell checking. It's also helpful for showing the overall tone of a message. It's not going to be appropriate when it comes to tracking readability overall or making a great piece of writing just because you're using it.