So far, so great! Give HubSpot a try!
Updated January 07, 2018
So far, so great! Give HubSpot a try!
Score 10 out of 10
- Contacts, COS (web management), Social, Blog, Academy
Overall Satisfaction with HubSpot
We're using HubSpot to streamline our inbound marketing efforts - social media, website, email campaigns, etc. The company's digital marketing department primarily uses the software with input from the entire company. We're addressing problems like a clunky web management system, an even clunkier email campaign management system, website responsiveness, and lack of overall contact management/lead scoring. As an update - the entire company is using the HubSpot CRM to track deals, sales activity and more.
- HubSpot support is great. They're always available (till 8pm EST) and ready to answer the simplest to the most detailed questions.
- The ability to craft and edit web pages using COS is time-saving. If you want to add a social following section to your site, for example, you simply click ADD MODULE and select SOCIAL FOLLOWING. Pretty cool!
- HubSpot Academy is a great way to learn anything relevant to HubSpot and/or inbound marketing. They start with the basics and move on up!
- The INBOUND events in Boston are amazing. Too much to learn in such a short time but love every second of it!
- Responds to ideas and requests from us - the users. Over the years, hundreds of product enhancements have made HubSpot even better!
- The "dashboard" is pretty busy, to say the least. Lots of menus and submenus. As a new user, I sometimes feel lost.
- Making changes to a web page can sometimes be tricky. For example, you might think changing the wording of a menu item would be simple. However you find the wording of the menu item isn't tied to a particular page at all, but a template. You then have to search for the correct template to make edits.
- For some reason, a lot of the emails HubSpot generates (our leads, the HubSpot blog, etc.) are marked as spam. We had to whitelist all HubSpot IP addresses within our email servers. Update - this is still a huge issue with HubSpot.
- Sometimes HubSpot thinks bigger than they can swiftly deliver. They're giving all COS clients HTTPS capabilities but it's taking forever to roll out. But still, kudos for engineering and onboarding this!
- Reports adds on should really be free. Our client wants these basic reports that are supposed to be free but aren't.
- We're still new at this, but so far I've seen increased employee efficiency, particularly when using HubSpot COS as opposed to a clunky web content management system.
- HubSpot Academy courses have given employees a greater inbound marketing knowledge base.
- Because we're now offering HubSpot as a service (we're a partner), we've seen our sales revenue grow with new retainers.
If your company is doing inbound marketing of any kind and seeing few conversions, HubSpot can help. If you'd like to streamline your marketing campaigns, personas, leads, website, social media, blog, etc., HubSpot can help. As a relatively new user, I can't speak to the key questions, but as long as your company needs help with inbound, HubSpot is for you. U
HubSpot Marketing Hub Feature Ratings
10 - Marketing, administrative and sales professionals in my organization use HubSpot.
2 - Our Digital Media Specialist (me) runs HubSpot programs internally and trains co-workers as needed (or directs them to the HubSpot training sessions). I'm a writer - which is a great skill to have when creating content for HubSpot. I also have a data background so the queries, list builds, smart content and lead nurturing all make a lot of sense to me.
- We've been able to do some pretty complex data migrations for our clients who are moving from an old CRM to HubSpot. We've done more field manipulations, data uploads, merges, etc. than most agencies.
- The integration with Survey Monkey has allowed us to program workflows that nurture contacts based on their survey responses.
- We've also rewarded contacts based on survey responses using the Survey Monkey integration. For example - if someone completes a survey after an event, they're invited to download the event's presentation as a PDF.
- Lead scoring. We've started with this but we really need to get serious about rating prospects, segmenting them and handling them accordingly.
- We need to use smart content more - that is - if someone comes to our website a 2nd time, we want to show them a different CTA.
We've invested so much time in implementing HubSpot, we aren't giving it up anytime soon! Additionally, we're putting in place a host of solutions that will streamline our inbound efforts. We would NOT want to undo these improvements, especially as we're just beginning to measure our ROI, including conversion rate improvement. As an update - our marketing efforts are more streamlined, we are seeing real ROI and we're using HubSpot for everything we can, for everyone we can. It's such a great solution.
Evaluating HubSpot and Competitors
Yes - We'd initially tried marketing automation using a CRM system. The CRM didn't really do marketing automation - and when we got on board with HubSpot, we realized how much we were missing. Of course now HubSpot has a CRM so every aspect of our sales and marketing technology is integrated. Loving it.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
Product reputation was definitely what swayed me. The price was in range with other systems but we'd always heard good things about HubSpot (and read good reviews). The company's reputation as a start up that was creative and technologically sound also convinced us. Their annual event, Inbound, also enhanced their reputation in our eyes.
Yes - We broke it into phases based on what we could manage. Phase 1 was converting our website over to the HubSpot COS. Phase 2 was importing contacts which included setting up fields and lists. For phase 3, we actually started "doing" market automation.
Change management was a small part of the implementation and was well-handled - Get your entire team on board, get trained and use the support team!
The in-person training was in the form of workshops attended at the annual Inbound conference. It was top-notch and there was something for everybody - whether a novice or advanced user.
I can't say enough about how great HubSpot's online academy is. They offer several certifications with live online or recorded coursework, plus practicums. They also offer non-certification courses. They're all free! Did I mention that?
They're available on the phone, with no or very short wait times, everyday until 8pm. The phone support is amazing. The email support is also fast. Support either knows the answer right away or researches the answer right away. I've rarely encountered support this competent, anywhere, especially in the world of technology.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Yes - Yes - they also immediately add a tag on the interface so everyone else knows about the bug as well.
Yes - I wanted to create a very specific list of contacts and market to them. I was new and there was a lot of segmentation involved. I needed to create new fields and populate them as well. The support person walked me through every step. Not only did I get what I needed done, but I learned how to do it next time.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
Lots to learn
HubSpot is addressing this more and more. Currently you can assign tasks to designated sales teams, which grow as you grow. They've added free baseline products for those just getting started. These and more contribute to the scalability of HubSpot - so I gave it an 8 and am hoping for more in the future!
I've been working with HubSpot for 4 years and rarely encounter any issue that acts as a full-scale outtage. Occasionally I'll see an error message or warning that something's not right but it's always fixed right away. Compared to other systems I've worked in, HubSpot's availability seems to be a 10.