Overall Satisfaction with IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service
A small portion of businesses uses K8s but only for microservices.
- Always, the free tier is attractive.
- The 30-day free tier expiration is pointless.
- Not all options are available on the free tier.
- Load-balancer type not available on the free tier.
- Cluster deployment is slow.
The tool's integration is great but I did not use it for my trial yet. I had a quick look at Toolchain and thought that the choice of toolings is very limited and not customizable.
I only started using it because of the always free tier and you probably should consider enhancing the always free tier of Kubernetes (such as enabling load balancer or increasing worker node specs) to attract customers just to land on IBM cloud as their intention to play/learn about Kubernetes, consequently customers may start using other services on IBM cloud if not.