Overall Satisfaction with IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service
IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service gives us a uniform API across heterogeneous resources to define our workloads and expand resources outside our infrastructure. It comes with built-in monitoring and logging for all the applications and the workloads that deploy in Kubernetes. Once we began migrating applications to Kubernetes, the result [was] immediate and we are able to ship ideas to production using a single consistent and declarative API.
- It is able to provide a reliable and scalable cluster infrastructure[.]
- Improved both operational and development efficiency[.]
- The Kubernetes-enabled cloud hosts all new development and microservices[.]
- The UI design is a bit inflexible[.]
- Steep learning curve. I find the community very supportive with this[.]
- Removed a lot of our custom-made code, making everything easier to maintain[.]
- Simplified a complex, difficult-to-manage infrastructure[.]
- An almost 85% reduction in deployment in time[.]
- Now there is little configuration variation[.]
- Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
With the scalability, the management, the coordination, IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service really empowers the whole IT team and gives the company more time back than we had before. It is a system that has the capability to manage where workloads are being distributed out and [do] all sorts of housekeeping work needed to have a robust infrastructure.
Do you think IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service's feature set?
Did IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service go as expected?
Would you buy IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service again?
After embracing IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service, it allowed us to run applications in a cloud provider-agnostic way and made it possible to introduce new products and the infrastructure to scale each autonomous team's idea. Migrating to IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service provided the flexibility and speed to deliver new products while significantly reducing the operational overhead.
IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service Training
Most companies are eager to give back to the community by participating in meetups and [conferences] and offering advice to other companies that are considering [implementing] IBM Cloud Kubernetes Service. I really recommend companies especially those that have had traditional cloud computing systems] to join the [cloud-native] computing community.