July 22, 2015
Score 9 out of 10
InsideView for Sales
Overall Satisfaction with InsideView
InsideView is used by our sales team, as well as many other positions in the company (marketing, education, partner channel, etc.). InsideView allows reps to view a quick snapshot of information from within Salesforce, as well as build lists and run reports from the my.insideview.com site. InsideView is typically used in conjunction with LinkedIn to gather more information about prospects. LinkedIn is also how we validate information about people, as well as using Twitter or Facebook.
- InsideView has a large repository of companies with lots of information: company size, revenue, employees, articles as well as industry specific information.
- My reps love the option to view "more" and look at discovery questions by industry. It gives them questions to lead with, as well as ideas of what they should be researching.
- InsideView has a new look and feel rolling out soon. VERY excited about the update.
- As a system administrator, I wish I had access to real time reports regarding usage. Often times, senior leadership wants to know how their teams are using the information and who is using the software to its fullest. It's a pain to have to email InsideView and ask for a report.
- We are a global organization and there is not a lot of information regarding companies outside the US. I know they are working on this, but my global field reps are anxiously waiting to use the software too.
- I wish InsideView put out more "tips and tricks" documents. There does not seem to be a large repository of training documents. I am always looking to learn more, as are my reps.
- We did not have a lot of buy-in when the tool rolled out, nor do I think there was much training offered. It has only been since early 2014 that we have started to get adoption of the tool. For us, seeing the numbers rise on usage has been positive enough!
We also use LinkedIn Sales Navigator. It does seem to have an easier GUI for users, hence why I'm hopeful to see how the new GUI for InsideView stacks up. Many of my reps are older and do not find InsideView to be a very intuitive system.