Overall Satisfaction with Intacct
Intacct is used for general ledger accounting for a CPA firm, as well as a large condo association. The primary business problem it solves is the ability to operate in a cloud environment.
- Intacct seems better designed for enterprises with multi-department companies and segregated staff, both by role and physical location.
- The interface is difficult to use and not set-up intuitively.
- There are too many dependencies involved within the setup process, without opportunity or warning as to why or when a dependency may exist that later and downstream inhibit your ability to operate in an accounting function.
- Overall, the design is not elegant.
- Support. I have used the portal several times and always feel like it is a frustrating process and very impersonal.
- Importing of transactions and data. This is a very bad area for Intacct. The approach they take is to give you a template with minimal instructions, along with a searchable portal that has too much non-relevant information to sift through. The end result is you must fail several times, get frustrated, and create a case so that a technical person can tell you what you did wrong, before you get it right.
- We are presently still trying to figure this question out. We have not been able to reasonably justify using it for the client base that we have, and in fact have had discussions to explore migrating away from the product.
I think Intacct would stand up well against Netsuite and/or several of the higher end packages that are in the medium business range.
Our general client base is not a good fit for this type of product, and those that have more robust products are generally sticking with their legacy products as their providers also move to the cloud.
- Fewer than 25% of my clients
This product is not appropriate for companies that lack a control environment. It is too unnecessarily complicated for smaller businesses that even might have a full time accountant. There are some that advise using this for purposes of delivering solutions across multiple clients, as in accounting services, but we haven't really seen an advantage comparatively with other products. It is also not appropriate for non-technical staff. A person must be able to persevere at a technical level to succeed in the Intacct environment, especially if they really want to take advantage of the strength of the reporting features.