3+ years in and still in love!
Updated July 05, 2022
3+ years in and still in love!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Intercom
We use Intercom for support primarily, but also to facilitate sales engagement on our marketing site and landing pages. Intercom also provides our Help Center and allows us to send direct mass messages to customers. We love the interface and especially the fact that the company is so dedicated to customer success with constant product improvement and thoughtful resources. Intercom is robust enough to help us meet our customers' needs but also simple for new employees to learn.
- Templated answers and ticket management—we use Intercom to manage all of our support, significantly reducing the time our team spends on the phone
- On-site chat for sales and marketing—it's a simple and intuitive interface that's easy for visitors and customer alike to use
- Customer success and product development—it's clear that Intercom is committed to growing as a company and that's reflected in the continuous development and actionable content they release
- More robust chatbot functionality is needed for hours when our team is offline
- Reporting! Especially when it comes to message performance. This really needs to be built out
- The API could use some work
- Increased customer satisfaction ratings
- Increased response time
- Another channel for lead generation
We evaluated a number of products before choosing to move forward with Intercom. No contest, Intercom provided us with the level of tools and support we needed to serve our own customers well. We've been with the company for 3 years now and are sticking around for the foreseeable future. Intercom is committed to continuous improvement, and that shows!
Intercom is a game changer. Software should inspire joyful experiences, especially on platforms designed with customer-facing teams in mind, and that's what you get with Intercom. Our customers are awesome, but people can still be people and our teams need to be equipped to answer questions quickly and without error. Intercom gets us there. Intercom is awesome at customer engagement, but acquisition and retention could use some work. I'd like to see more robust chatbot-like functionality to prompt lead generation and targeted messaging based on product utilization. The price level could be a concern for some companies, but even for small companies, I think it's worth every penny.
15 - Support, Success, Sales, and Marketing all use Intercom for different purposes. Support manages tickets through Intercom, Sales and Success engage with prospects and customers through chat, and Marketing uses the software to set up Product Tours, guiding newly onboarded customers, as well as long-term customers, through orientation, feature releases, utilization campaigns, and different learning opportunities.
3 - A representative from Support manages tickets, but the primary owner of Intercom is actually Marketing. It could be any team, really, but our Marketing folks are more operationally driven and understand software design and subsequently set up. That said, Intercom is very intuitively designed so no formal expertise is required to manage the tool.
- Ticket creation & management
- Chatbots for sales & success
- Product Tours for onboarding, new features & adoption campaigns
- Transferring our help center fully over to Intercom
- Building more chatflows
- Sophisticating our use of Product Tours to additional adoption campaigns
Intercom's customer service is awesome, the platform is intuitive, and we don't have to manage multiple software subscriptions to accomplish what we do through Intercom: chatbots, ticketing, help center, product orientation and adoption campaigns, etc. Intercom's a one-stop shop for customer engagement and we love that they're constantly improving and innovating.