Easily Customized Service Management Solution
Updated March 14, 2022
Easily Customized Service Management Solution
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Ivanti Service Manager (powered by Heat)
We use Ivanti Service Manager to provide a self-service solution for internal customers, record Incidents and Requests, manage our Change process, and are looking into additional options provided by the product such as Knowledge Management, Problem Management, and Project Management. Self Service is used company-wide, with Incident/Request/Change Management used by multiple Information Services teams, both within and outside of the IT portfolio.
- Customization - can't find a workspace that does what you want, build your own! Don't like the page layout, update it to look just how you want it!
- Automation - build workflows and let the system handle tedious or long processes. No need to have constant manual intervention to move the process along. Workflows can do everything from sending emails to generating tickets, get approvals, update objects, and more.
- Self-Service is user-friendly and can be customized to provide alerts, show announcements, provide self-help articles in addition to allowing customers to perform standard incident or request creation.
- Visual reporting - no need to spend hours writing and rewriting SRSS reports that are outdated by the time your staff look at them and are difficult to interact with. The Analytic Metrics workspace is easy to use to create graphs/charts, is interactive, and self-updates so you're always looking at recent data.
- The Analytic Metrics workspace is a great easy-to-use alternative to standard SQL reporting, and is a relatively new feature that still has room for improvement and growth.
- The Project Management workspace is relatively new and still has room for improvement and growth. It does not replace Microsoft Project, but if you spend some time customizing it, you can come close.
- I'd love to see more ITIL framework built into the product. You can build ITIL practices into the product, however it would be nice to have more of ITIL prebuilt.
- Request processes are now documented as a workflow, which is executed by the system. Service Desk staff no longer need to move requests through the process manually as the workflow handles team assignments, emails, etc. This allows our Service Desk to dedicate more resources to first call resolution issues.
- Change process is now documented as a workflow, which is executed by the system. The Change Manager no longer needs to move requests through the process manually as the workflow handles notifications, approvals, etc.
- Staff can enter requests via Self Service at at time, with no need to reach out to Service Desk staff. Each request prompts the staff member to ensure the receiving technician receives all information they need to complete that specific request. This has enabled technicians to react faster to requests as they received all required information upfront.
Ivanti Service Manager really takes the idea of customizing the space - fully - to meet your individual needs to a new level. The system comes pre-built with a lot of useful workspaces and functionality, with the ability to fully customize everything from the look/feel to the triggered actions and scheduled actions that run the workspace. And if it's not there, simply build it!
Do you think Ivanti Neurons for ITSM delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Ivanti Neurons for ITSM's feature set?
Did Ivanti Neurons for ITSM live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Ivanti Neurons for ITSM go as expected?
Would you buy Ivanti Neurons for ITSM again?
Ivanti Service Manager can be customized specifically to your business needs. The pre-built product has tons of features, from Incident Management to Service Management to Change Management, Knowledge, Problem, Costing, and more, so it is possible to use the product out of the box with very little customization. ISM is very flexible and adaptable, so unless you won't do customizations, you can make the product fit your needs.
Ivanti Neurons for ITSM Feature Ratings
Using Ivanti Service Manager (powered by Heat)
2 - Programming skills and ability to quickly understand programming logic for organizations who wish to expand and deeply customize; detail oriented; ability to think outside the box to design new objects/actions for organizations who wish to expand/deeply customize their instance; decent sense of graphic design
Ivanti Service Manager Support
The ISM Cloud desk is always friendly and supportive. They respond quickly whether you log a ticket in the portal, or post a question to the Community Forums. Service Desk agents are extremely knowledgeable about the product, and have often been able to solve issues for me without needing to escalate.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
We purchased a 24/7 support package to ensure we're always supported regardless of when the issue occurs in our timezone. Without the enhanced support, we're limited both in being able to call in for issues and when we can expect support to respond to our logged case.
Yes - Ivanti resolves bugs based how many customers are reporting a bug, or if you're a sufficiently large enough account they'll prioritize fixes for you. Unfortunately, even if a bug is affecting multiple customers, if those customers aren't reporting it this means the bug won't get fixed as quickly. I've been part of both sides of the "number of customers reporting" - both an issue affecting everyone that went unreported for the majority as they didn't notice it happening, and issues with large numbers of reports. The former does not usually get a bug fix in a timely manner while the latter will.
Using Ivanti Service Manager
The system is extremely customizable, meaning you can make it into exactly what you need. You do need to spend some time in it to really setup the forms, workflows, etc to meet your needs to really get the full value of the system. Once that's taken care of however, it makes the system much easier to use because the system is working for you in the way that meets your unique needs.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using