Awesome chat tool
August 05, 2019
Awesome chat tool
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Jabber
My team was looking for a easy to use internal chat tool that would help us speed up our communication. The primary idea behind looking for this tool was to eliminate a lot of redundant emails and short phone calls. Having an internal chat would also let us make decisions faster. We trialled a few alternatives and finally settled on Jabber. It is now currently being used by my team. Setting it up was really simple, we were able to get users on to it and create groups incredibly quickly. It was also pretty simple to use so we didn't have to set up any staff training to get users into it.
- It's really simple to use. I like that it's very uncomplicated and does what it is supposed to do without getting in your way.
- Screen sharing and video/audio communication works really smoothly.
- It integrates well with my Microsoft Office. It doesn't sound that big of a deal but it's really nice being able to pull it up while you are working without switching to a different window.
- It also works really well on mobile. I have it installed on my iPhone and iPad and it works just as well across those two as it does on my PC.
- Having access to chat history is really nice too. You can refer back to conversations very easily.
- While having chat history is great, I would have liked to be able to delete it when needed. Maybe it exists but I couldn't find that option.
- I also couldn't send screenshots to offline people or in groups. I haven't tried it recently though so its possible they patched it.
- Made our turn around time faster on important decisions.
- Eliminated a lot of unwanted clutter in our email inboxes. Streamlined our internal communication.
- Improved accountability with chat history.
- Made it easier to communicate within groups.
It's really good if you are looking for a simple to use and easy to set up internal chat tool. I have used Slack in the past but felt it was over complicated. If you have a mid-sized team and emails and phone calls are jamming up your ability to make decisions fast, then this is exactly what you need.