Overall Satisfaction with JIRA Software
We are using Jira across our agile office's sprint teams. Jira provides a collaboration model and workflow for developers, QA testers, and architects. Jira addresses our business's need for transparency: supporting the SCRUM framework of time-boxed sprint deliveries and supporting the IT department's production releases.
- Jira provides ease of use issue entry and workflow to developers, testers and architects. The Plan view works great for estimating and grooming sessions. The Work board allows full collaboration for the team's Stand Ups.
- Jira's sprint report area offers a daily view of burndown chart, sprint report, epic report, etc.
- Jira's filters and gadgets in the non-agile build are built-in. I use them every morning to create a daily dashboard. The Pie charts gadgets of Status and Assignee are clickable to the pie wedge, moving you right to the story or bug. Very cool!
- Jira could provide a Favorites list of recently used gadget/filter combinations when creating a new dashboard.
- Jira could provide a url link to Atlassian forums or Jira blogs that updates when opening the application.
- Jira could provide a history drop in the quick search field of the Plan view to help find that hidden story or bug quickly.
- Jira has a positive impact in meeting our business's needs for transparency; the Sprint Review/Demo concept of Inspect and Adapt.
- Jira can be customized. This allowed us to pin the roles/permissions to specific views in the workflow.
- Jira is easy to learn for first-timers to Agile Sprint methodology.