Awesome tool for data mining and building dashboards!
Updated January 21, 2020

Awesome tool for data mining and building dashboards!

Software Version

JMP Pro

Overall Satisfaction with JMP Statistical Discovery Software from SAS

It is used to mine data and get it together into dashboards which can be reviewed periodically (sometimes on a daily basis). It is not just used within my org but around most of the company. It helps us stay on top of the trends in the important metrics which impact our day to day business.
  • It works well in the sense that you can easily pull data from difference sources.
  • You can format data in the graphs as you want.
  • You can figure out from the errors as to what has gone wrong to fix the problem.
  • Sometimes you need to be an expert to use it.
  • Difficult to troubleshoot complex errors.
  • GUI is not very user-friendly.
  • It saves us lot of time thus the ROI is positive.
  • It shows trends which points to problems.
  • Helps us become proactive.
We selected this as a corporation perhaps it was relatively easily available and thus knowing that if you know a bit of any coding language you can somewhat get by with JMP, makes this an easily scalable software in terms of learning for people. I am not too sure about other alternatives.
I would recommend this software for building dashboards that summarize a large amount of data. My life has been so simpler as I can stay on top of problems and see them coming before they create a crisis. Thus it helps with efficiency to say the least. I hope others can also appreciate this.

Do you think JMP Statistical Discovery Software from SAS delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with JMP Statistical Discovery Software from SAS's feature set?

Did JMP Statistical Discovery Software from SAS live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of JMP Statistical Discovery Software from SAS go as expected?

Would you buy JMP Statistical Discovery Software from SAS again?

This has worked well when pulling data from similar sources like servers, etc. It has not worked well when you are trying to pull data from multiple different kinds of sources. The errors at that time are difficult to troubleshoot and you almost need to be an expert to move ahead.

JMP Statistical Discovery Software from SAS Feature Ratings

Pre-built visualization formats (heatmaps, scatter plots etc.)
Location Analytics / Geographic Visualization
Predictive Analytics
Customizable dashboards
Drill-down analysis
Formatting capabilities
Integration with R or other statistical packages
Report sharing and collaboration