KnowBe4 is as important to business as spreadsheets and flow charts
January 03, 2020

KnowBe4 is as important to business as spreadsheets and flow charts

Robyn Edwards | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with KnowBe4

Users are automatically enrolled via AD integration and they are automatically enrolled in new user training. Then they are also automatically phished once a month, and if they fail, they get enrolled in training. I have alerts set up so I can see when a user has not completed training and I get monthly phishing reports.
A few years ago, we got Cryptolocker as a result of a user clicking a link in a phishing email. It opened our eyes to the need for user training as far as cybersecurity goes. Our entire organization is enrolled as are new employees as part of their orientation. We do regular phishing tests, trainings, etc.
  • Ease of use
  • Active directory integration
  • Sometimes the free tools are not available to customers.
  • Has changed the work culture here to "security aware."
  • I can't prove it but I feel like it has helped us avoid ransomware.
We left KnowBe4 and went to Wombat for a while. Wombat's console is not nearly as easy to use, there was no AD integration at the time, and compared to KnowBe4, the training materials were extremely limited. They may have changed since being bought out by Proofpoint, but at the time there was really no comparison.
Support is great. You go into your portal, and you can open a ticket directly from there. You get a response within a couple of hours, and they support staff is extremely friendly and knowledgeable. They will follow up and stay with you until your issue is resolved.

Do you think KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training's feature set?

Did KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training go as expected?

Would you buy KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training again?

I send out monthly trainings, mostly just PDF files for our users to read over, then I also do occasional trainings with games, videos, etc. Having the Diamond level content library has been awesome. There is always something new there that pertains to exactly the material I want to cover. I never run out of fresh trainings.
I like to look for patterns of failure with particular users or groups of users, so combing through the monthly phishing report is important to me. Also, I like the dashboard where I can glance and see where we are as far as our percentage.
KnowBe4 is great for just about any organization where there are people using email and internet. The only thing I would say is that it is fairly costly, so the paid aspects of KnowBe4 might not be feasible for very small businesses that are on a tight budget. Other than that, I cannot think of a scenario where it would not be useful.