Overall Satisfaction with KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training
We enforce KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training for all users who get a company email address. While our initial roll-out of KnowBe4 was less than successful, we found once we got further C-Level approval to ENFORCE the training the program became far more successful. When users don't complete their yearly training or remedial training when they fail a phishing test we'll disable their account. Inevitably this doesn't go over well with the user and we quickly get them to complete their training. Since fully implementing KnowBe4 Training we've seen a significant increase in overall user understanding of the important role they play in security.
- Content options. KnowBe4 offers tons of great videos short and long for whatever training categories you're looking for.
- Customization. The ability to implement the training however you deem best fits your company and users.
- Support. Whenever we have questions about the product or how to go about implementing new training their support has been excellent. They'll get on the phone with you and step through the whole process if needed to get things set up just the way you want.
- Simplification. With all the great ways to customize it has become more difficult to implement training correctly and effectively.
- This is difficult to impossible to measure. I will say this training has made me much more confident in our user's ability to identify potentially malicious emails, therefore keeping the company safer from the many types of attacks out there today.
Do you think KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training's feature set?
Did KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training go as expected?
Would you buy KnowBe4 Security Awareness Training again?
I would argue it is suited in most business scenarios. Users tend to believe security is completely IT's responsibility. Training helps show users the role they play in keeping the business safe.