Low cost, high speed, accurate functioning
March 08, 2021
Low cost, high speed, accurate functioning
Score 9 out of 10
Power PDF Standard
Overall Satisfaction with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)
We have utilized Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) for many years. I was looking for a robust, easy-to-learn, less expensive alternative to Adobe Acrobat. Throughout its iterations, Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) has more than met our needs and expectations. Frequently we have had to work with printed documents or PDF files that clients wanted to modify for continued use by various departments throughout their companies. In some cases, where content management, document management, and forms control have been an issue, Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) has saved us from the laborious task of having to retype vast amounts of documentation. As a small management consulting firm with a limited staff of highly skilled professionals, anything that saves labor costs provides the ability to compete with other (frequently larger) firms.
- The ability to convert material into other formats, such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, or Word files
- The ability to edit PDF files, revising, adding, deleting, or redacting text, while saving existing graphics, video, or audio links
- Ensuring the compatibility of formatting with industry standards
- The ability to easily insert editorial comments for documents that are works in progress
- My wife is a freelance medical writer and is constantly having to move between various content management tools. I have been trying to move her to Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance), but she has found learning the user interface (menus) and processes and procedures too challenging compared to products such as Adobe Acrobat.
- Available, up-to-date training and education material, with access to things such as user forums, videos, etc., would greatly ease new users' transition to the product.
- Reduced the costs associated with purchasing this type of software
- Increased our efficiency by reducing or eliminating retyping information received in hardcopy format, reducing errors associated with keying in incorrect information, and decreased the turnaround time associated with rekeying, data correction, and document conversion
- Improved the overall image of our firm as a professional organization that always presents solid, well-researched material and findings
I have found Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) to have the shortest learning curve of any comparable software product. Updates are well thought out and have been easy to integrate into our processes. This has enabled us to maintain our schedules and turnaround time. These savings have enabled us to allocate more time to upfront research, analysis, document preparation, and presentation preparation.
Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) provides most (if not all) of the capabilities of Adobe but at a significantly lower cost per seat. As for the "lesser-knowns," there simply is no contest compared to Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance).
Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) is, and always has been, the go-to product that has never let us down. Its attractive cost per seat, ease of learning and use, and breadth of capabilities have always exceeded our expectations. It is nice to know that this purchasing decision is one of the easiest I have to make. We plan to continue to use Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) for the long term.
Do you think Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)'s feature set?
Did Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) go as expected?
Would you buy Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) again?
- Document conversion--where you have a need to convert data or entire pages/documents into another format (e.g., PDF to MS Word, Powerpoint, or Excel)
- Extracting table or graphic material for use in another file/document
- Converting a scanned form into a data entry document with fields defined by Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) to create professional looking material that can be easily forwarded to a client and entered into their systems
Using Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)
10 - Executive, engagement management, client services, data analytics, and document preparation