A simple review
Updated January 04, 2022
A simple review
Score 8 out of 10
Power PDF Advanced
Overall Satisfaction with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)
It is our default document reader within our law firm. It has removed the need to switch back and forth between document programs to do what we need. Things such as rotation, splitting, merging, notations, collaborative notes, and redactions are all daily occurrences. With Power PDF we can use it as a one stop shop. It has become the first default program we install on new computers.
- Taking multiple exhibits and merging them to one document.
- Taking strings of discovery and separating what we need out of it.
- Redacting sensitive information.
- Rotating individual pages.
- Converting from Word/Excel or other formats to pdf for ease of use.
- Editing scanned documents.
- Functions to clear up poorly scanned documents.
- Learning curve with moving from Adobe Acrobat.
- Time savings. With it taking care of our needs we don't need to try and switch between multiple programs.
- With everyone using the same program employees can help trouble shoot each other when stuck.
Training people who are not the most computer savvy has been relatively straightforward. Things make sense when you go to look for a function.
Do you think Kofax Power PDF delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Kofax Power PDF's feature set?
Did Kofax Power PDF live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Kofax Power PDF go as expected?
Would you buy Kofax Power PDF again?
We have utilized the most merge and split functions. Coming in a close second are the built in convert document features. Being able to convert for whatever judge wants to do things differently is a huge asset. The next highest used would be the redact or built in DocuSign compatibility. They are needed in many different aspects of our field.
We routinely get in documents from multiple parties. We are able to take those and merge them in a way that is narrative to the situation. We can remove what we don't need and merge it to what we do. One of the issues we have come across is picture insertion is not the best, not the worst we've used either.
Using Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)
5 - Legal work. From Attorney down to the office manager, everyone uses Kofax. A good PDF reader and editor is indispensable to daily operations.
5 - Not sure what it means to support Kofax, but everyone at our company uses it.
- Take locked documents, convert to another format, than revert back to pdf to unlock
Evaluating Kofax Power PDF and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
Features were on par with more expensive options, so based on similar products cost effectiveness won out.