Great features, reasonably priced, very happy customer!
Bhavik Samani | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 14, 2020

Great features, reasonably priced, very happy customer!

Software Version

Power PDF Standard

Overall Satisfaction with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF)

We use Kofax PDF mainly for the conversion of our Office documents to PDF. We find it provides more granular features when converting things such as hyperlinks, bookmarks, images etc., than the built-in Microsoft 'Save as PDF functionality. One of the other main reasons for our purchase of Kofax PDF over Adobe Acrobat was that the licensing is perpetual and not subscription based. This is a key factor as it is more cost effective in the long run
  • Converts hyperlinks to locations within the same workbook in Excel
  • Lots of options when exporting to PDF
  • When saving as PDF using the Microsoft Office add-in, there needs to be a confirmation box asking if the user is happy to continue with the current settings or whether they need to be modified. There are too many times where I have forgotten to configure the settings beforehand and then realised only after the document has been converted. This is particularly painful when working with large documents as they take time to convert.
  • We have made a cost saving moving to Kofax PDF.
  • The ability to convert internal links in Excel has meant that we can save time by exporting report appendices directly, rather than having to compile them in Word.
  • The perpetual licensing model has meant some capital expenditure, but it will have paid for itself in approximately 8 months when comparing to Adobe Acrobat.
I haven't had to contact support as yet, but have used the support pages on the website. I have found what I was looking for so for that reason I would rate the support quite highly. I leave 3 off marks as I have not had to deal with a member of staff and so cannot comment.

Do you think Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF) delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF)'s feature set?

Did Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF) live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF) go as expected?

Would you buy Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF) again?

I haven't used the software enough to comment on many scenarios. I am sure I will come across a few in the months ahead