Better than Adobe
February 12, 2021
Better than Adobe
Score 10 out of 10
Power PDF Standard
Overall Satisfaction with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF)
I am the sole user at this time. I began using the software when it was a Nuance product. I continue to use it as a means to analyze caselaw, briefs, motions, and transcripts. It is particularly useful in creating indexes for large documents, such as trial transcripts. I also appreciate ability to create comment summaries by highlighting relevant portions of a transcript or other document. Comment summaries are very helpful in analyzing trial transcripts and assertions made by parties regarding the statements in the briefs. I’m currently working with a substitute computer that does not have the software installed. Instead, I am forced to work with the Adobe Reader and I’m very frustrated that it does not work near as well. Further, it does not have the capabilities that even the standard version of your software providers.
- Rendering a PDF into an OCR readable document.
- Creating comment summaries.
- Providing different methods of highlighting or adding comments to documents.
- Creating a means to edit a PDF in the standard version of your software.
- Producing a version compatible with Apple products.
- Cooperation with a legal research company, such as Westlaw, to allow more robust links.
- For me, eliminated the use of post it notes in the hard copy of the transcript.
- Creates a record of my work that I can archive and easily review.
- Allows me to create an index of the document that is more useful for my needs.
Very simple to use right from the beginning. Most of the controls are very intuitive. I have had no difficulty using the software on a day to day basis and I plan to recommend the software to the rest of our staff.
I have not had the opportunity to contact support, so I cannot give it a good or bad rating.
Do you think Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)'s feature set?
Did Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) go as expected?
Would you buy Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance) again?