The Logic of Monitoring
May 15, 2021

The Logic of Monitoring

Anonymous | TrustRadius Reviewer
Score 9 out of 10
Vetted Review
Verified User
Review Source

Overall Satisfaction with LogicMonitor

LogicMonitor is being used to monitor critical systems (application servers) and our critical network gear. It is being used by the IT Department for the monitoring of critical systems. It currently addresses issues of system outages, network outages, expiration of certificates, and troubleshooting the reasoning for issues within our environment.
  • Automatically adds and inventories servers properly.
  • Simple build-out for dashboards.
  • Simple configuration for overall views.
  • Agentless monitoring.
  • Complex configuration for specific items.
  • API to third-party applications could be better.
  • Faster reporting.
  • Overall monitoring of virtual environment.
  • Overall monitoring of core network.
  • Easy to get started.
  • Hard to get more complex monitoring.
I did not do the evaluation on the last purchase. I am going to be on the evaluation project for when we are looking to renew the contract.
I believe that the community portal is very good. I have been able to find what I needed, 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time, I have placed a ticket and was able to get the issue (or configuration) resolved, with the knowledge from the technician that I was assigned.
No, I have not been able to put any of the automation in place. We do not have an integrated ticketing system that would allow me to automate specific tickets in order to do this. We have been planning on doing something like this, but we do not have the infrastructure for this piece, at this time.
I have had a couple of issues getting something added and monitored the "exact" way that I have wanted to in the past. I feel like the last monitoring tool that I used (at a different organization) had an easier setup, with more capability.

Do you think LogicMonitor delivers good value for the price?

Not sure

Are you happy with LogicMonitor's feature set?

Yes

Did LogicMonitor live up to sales and marketing promises?

I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process

Did implementation of LogicMonitor go as expected?

Yes

Would you buy LogicMonitor again?

Yes

I believe that LogicMonitor is well suited for monitoring virtual environments. You can add an entire cluster and virtual servers. This allows you to be able to look at issues from two different perspectives, overall virtual environment level, and more specific to the servers themselves. We also utilize the "Multi-Ping" functionality from the collector. This helps because you can add an instance to make sure that a device is up, even when you are not able to add the device (ie. third-party devices that you do not have access to, but can ping on your network).