Nice tool, but there are other tools that seem to accomplish same thing
October 04, 2021

Nice tool, but there are other tools that seem to accomplish same thing

Overall Satisfaction with Lucidchart

Overall I think it's pretty easy to use. Took a few points off because I'm so new to it that there's an adjustment period with any new tool. I'm also not sure what full capabilities are. That's kind of why I feel like it's a luxury tool because I think you can do similar things with other tools even if those other tools are less sophisticated.
Used across product and engineering teams to create visual diagrams to explain tech architecture or processes. Not sure if teams outside of product and engineering use it. Solves business problem in that diagrams are generally hard/time consuming to create but are beneficial for making sure people are on the same page.
  • Easy to get started
  • Easy to edit
  • Easy to share / export
  • Would like onboarding videos - some other tools (segment) that I'm now using have quick "here's how to get started/introductory video."
  • More examples of how other people are using Lucidchart.
  • Easier to get people across teams on the same page (e.g. prod/eng. about a new flow).
  • Still seems like a "luxury" tool to me - but maybe I'm just used to making hacky diagrams in docs/Google Slides.
I didn't know about most of these integrations (I know about Slack). I don't have Lucid integrated w/Slack, but I have other tools integrated w/Slack (Google Docs, Jira) and I personally think the integrations are kind of annoying because I still have to check email and I get those notifications in email.
I have not had to use Lucidchart support yet. I also don't know how I would contact Lucidchart support other than googling so maybe that's something to improve. I prob would ask a coworker how to do something in Lucidchart first before contacting support.

Do you think Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite delivers good value for the price?

Not sure

Are you happy with Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite's feature set?

Did Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite go as expected?

Would you buy Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite again?

To be clear, I wasn't involved in buying process for any of these: Figma - seems like you can do pretty much everything that Lucid does in Figma. We also use Figma for wireframing. Not sure if you can use Lucidchart for wireframing. Google Slides - I didn't have Lucidchart at my last job so I made diagrams in Google Slides. Not great by any means, that's just what I had access to.
As a user, I like Lucidchart. I could see that it might be a more expensive tool. Seems like Lucidchart is best for charts/diagrams. That being said, we also use Figma on my team, seems like there are a lot of overlapping functions, even if Figma is mostly a wireframing tool.