Technical diagraming made simple... really simple
October 01, 2021

Technical diagraming made simple... really simple

Paul Lush | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Lucidchart

Excellent overall usability with excellent browser integration. There is an initial learning curve, as you would expect from any tool with such a large scope, however the tool quickly becomes second nature. I found that I was able to migrate from decades of using Visio, into Lucidchart with almost no issue.
Lucidchart is used by many people within our organisation however my focus has been on technical and cloud infrastructure architecture where I have to generate various content ranging from holistic overviews to low level and complex. I've been a Visio user for decades so I had initial skepticism when given Lucidchart to diagram, however it was ill founded. Lucidchart provided a fluid and faultless experience that allowed me to generate large and complex Azure and AWS focused infrastructure diagrams in a shorter time than in Visio. There are some things that will take Visio gurus some time to get used to but there is no looking back for me.
  • Path snapping
  • Third party integrations
  • Scaling
  • Live collaboration
  • Grabbing items by complete selection vs partial selection would be nice.
  • Time savings
  • Cost reduction
  • Improved process flow
Lucidchart integration with Google drive and Confluence allow for complete document management, collaboration, and sharing within our business unit. This provides stakeholders with visibility to reports and diagrams, and service design methodology and updates. Being able to easily share and review diagrams via several platforms makes for a superior streamlined design process.
I've not yet had to use the Lucid support as I've not had any issues with the service itself. Cross browser usability and integration is absolutely paramount, and Lucidchart just works.

Do you think Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite's feature set?

Did Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite go as expected?

Would you buy Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite again?

Diagramming complex cloud infrastructure, service, process flow is where I find Lucidchart excels. Its per-cloud focused templating, combined with its live collaboration features have been invaluable to our business unit. Whilst it is an incredibly powerful tool for in-office or remote business usage, offline usage can be a little troublesome, as you would expect with all in-browser tools.