Lucidchart - does what it says on the tin. Quick and clear.
November 08, 2021

Lucidchart - does what it says on the tin. Quick and clear.

Overall Satisfaction with Lucidchart

I use Lucidchart regularly and this was my exact experience. Within less than 30 minutes I was creating the exact graphs I wanted.
At a time when the business is undergoing a large number of complex process changes, including the implementation of multiple new pieces of software to improve efficiency, Lucidchart has been invaluable in the quick and clear visualization of our current and target operational procedures.
  • Creating easily editable process flows
  • Creating clear and insightful graphs (often with the help of templates)
  • Allowing multiple people to edit and work on projects
  • Small thing, but I found it annoying that whenever I opened up a new document or template to get a better look at it, it would then be saved in my documents. I would then have to go back into my documents to delete it if I was not planning on using that template. The first save should have to be manual and then it should autosave from that point on!
  • I could not find a wrap text option when adding text to shapes. This would have been useful to improve the aesthetics. Maybe the text size could automatically shrink to keep the text within the shape if this option was enabled?
  • When creating org charts, I wanted to be able to show multiple reporting lines to a single individual, however these reporting lines were not all the same level of seniority. When I tried to show this by having some higher than others, the templates did not seem to cope with it very well. However I was able to show this when not using templates.
  • Time savings on process implementation as we were able to quickly and clearly convey the goal process flow to all stakeholders.
I did not use these integrations so I cannot comment on their impact and efficacy.
Their help function was quick, responsive and accurate.

Do you think Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite's feature set?

Did Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite go as expected?

Would you buy Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite again?

Lucidchart was clearly designed with the creation of flowcharts in mind. This shows in the software options and capabilities which massively speeds up any chart creation.
I found Lucidchart particularly useful when creating complex process flow charts. I cannot really think of a scenario when it would be less appropriate, but its strengths are definitely less evident when creating simpler charts such as a basic org chart.