Lynda - Blessing in a sea of online platforms
https://www.trustradius.com/elearning-contentLinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com)Unspecified8.870101
Tejashwi Kumar profile photo
November 09, 2016

Lynda - Blessing in a sea of online platforms

Score 8 out of 101

Overall Satisfaction with lynda.com

It is being used as a medium to train people on various finance and accounting topics. We have also used it to help people clear CFA Level 1 exams in the past. The most important problem that Lynda solves is [having] the connectivity to a wide audience and it makes it easy to market your course. Also Lynda is important in terms of using online resources during video classes to help my clients to better understand a concept.
  • Lynda.com connects you to the most diverse and wide set audience.
  • It helps you market your course/videos.
  • It is very cheap and economical when compared to some of the other competitors.
  • Safety of videos is important. Lots of videos are leaked on Torrent and other sharing sites. This is very demotivating.
  • Trial period is really too short to make a call, it should be 1 month at least.
  • Should be available in live format as well as recorded videos format.
  • Improved the topline of my business within about 3 months of me joining Lynda.com.
  • It helped me save a lot of marketing expenses as now I pay at a single point, Lynda.
  • It is not easy to trust and give your credit card details initially, which makes it difficult to trust without a proper trial period of a month at least.
  • WizIQ
Lynda is better in some aspects when compared to WizIQ. For example, the recorded videos stream a lot faster and more smoothly on Lynda and content is neatly presented. Also the user interface is much more simple on Lynda. However WizIQ is amazing for live interactive classes and when it comes to security of your videos and documents, Lynda has a lot to learn from WizIQ's security.
Lynda.com is best suited when you wish to record some videos and then market them to a wider group and hope that a lot of them will buy your course. Also if the course requires live classes or live interaction then I am afraid Lynda.com is not the best platform currently. So make your choice wisely.

Using lynda.com

8 - Partners and they are with me while conducting online classes. They also help me and each other in recording videos and also in creating contents. These together with some improvements are then included in Lynda package to help my clients better use our services. I believe Lynda makes all these very easy .
8 - You should be well versed with basic computer skills, and a good IQ is important. Overall I feel Lynda's interface is very simple and user friendly. So someone who has been using computers for a good amount of time will be able to support it easily. Also subject knowledge is important in my kind of industry but then it depends on what purpose you are using Lynda.
  • Marketing
  • Sale
  • Ease of access
  • Use it to also store our backup videos and materials
  • Use it for more than 1 type of course
  • If the live interactive medium is improved, we can use Lynda to a greater extent
It has a lot of positives like a simple user friendly interface, access to a wider mass, it's easy to market your course, a fixed price, and it's cheaper than the competition. But I believe it really needs to work on security of videos so that they don't get leaked on Torrent or other sharing websites and live interactive platforms.