Marketo Review 664 of 671
Marketo Review: "Struggle with analytics."
November 26, 2012

Marketo Review: "Struggle with analytics."

Score 9 out of 101

Software Version
Small and Medium Business
Modules Used
Marketo Lead Management, Marketo Sales Insight, Marketo Platform

Overall Satisfaction

• Marketo has as very short learning curve. You can be up and running in a matter of hours with email templates, landing pages and lead scoring.
  • We are effectively using Marketo to help our Sales Team process and nurture leads
  • We are also effectively using Marketo to help our Account Managers grow their share of wallet and prevent Churn.
  • We have some difficulty with reporting & analytics in Marketo, so we turn to SFDC for most of our reports.
We are happy with our relationship with Marketo. We know there are other strong players in the space, but Marketo keeps impressing us with their new releases and seem to be in the "front of the pack" as far as technology. Additionally, it would be very painful/difficult to change internally. Our Sales & Account Managers are now comfortable and on board with Marketo and are adverse to change.

Product Usage

46 - 3 are Advanced Users - US Marketing Team
3 are Intermediate Users - Australia & Canada Marketing Teams
2 are Beginner Users - Supply Marketing Team
Approx 40 are Sales Insight users only (only use the templates created for them)
3 - Sales
Account Management
Supply
Internal L&D
  • Sales
  • Account Management
  • Supplier Relationship (Inventory)
  • Internal L&D

Evaluation and Selection

I was previously using Vertical Response, which at the time was a very simple email mass-blasting tool. We upgraded to Marketo for better integration with SFDC and visibility into our leads' actions.
Marketo was implemented at my company in Sept 2010, which was before I joined the team (I joined June 2011).

I know they evaluated Eloqua, but was not apart of the decision making team.

Implementation

• Don't know

Training

I am not one who likes to take guided training, so being self-taught works best for me. It would truly depend on the individual and their preference.

Configuration

Support

The support team is pretty good, and is getting better every week. We were recently assigned a CSM which is a nice added bonus.

Additionally, everyone else that I have met at Marketo NOT on the support team (Marketing, Sales, Product) has been super helpful and available for questions.

Usability

Very easy to use, except for reporting.

Reliability

I have never had a problem with it being down or slow.
Never had a problem with speed.

Integration

• Salesforce.com

Vendor Relationship

I enjoy working with Marketo.