Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
Marketo is used within the marketing department including the sales development team and global marketing managers. It enables us to centrally and holistically manage customer and prospect interactions leading to better qualified marketing leads. Ultimately, we can measure our marketing investments against our marketing activities to ensure our performance is optimized.
- Relatively easy to use. Great interface.
- Marketo actively listens to customers and works to make the system better by practicing continuous improvement.
- Their Launchpoint partners and API enables Marketo to connect to a wide variety of other applications, in addition to a CRM, that enables it to act as the central tool for capturing customer interactions to better understand where prospective customers are in their buying process.
- The email editor needs a lot of work for which Marketo is actively building a solution.
- Responsive landing pages without the need to create multiple versions.
- We've sold multiple airplanes due to the processes and procedures we put into place surrounding the use of Marketo as a central tool.
- We have seen much higher quality marketing leads.
- I have implemented Silverpop,and have evaluated Eloqua,Pardot and Genius.
In my opinion, Marketo has broader capabilities, is easier to learn, is more flexible, more cost effective and the best solution for our company size.
250,000 to 1 million
If your strategy is built around batch and blast emails, Marketo is not the right tool. They've built functionality that is catered more to this audience, but its potential and sophistication is far beyond batch and blast. It seems like a disservice not to leverage all of its capabilities.
Adobe Marketo Engage Feature Ratings
9 - Marketing
- We have one person who is the CRM administrator and probably does not count as a whole person. His role is around the tie-in with CRM and ensuring the two play nice together.
- We do have a Marketo "Administrator" whose role is to ensure the system is set up and runs optimally. She also handles a significant portion of the email programming and execution.
- We have one gentleman who is a graphic designer by training with excellent CSS and html skills for troubleshooting who creates internal graphics when needed, formats our content pieces and sets up email programming.
- We have another gentleman who also sets up emails but also focuses on CSS, Java, etc in landing pages.
- Lastly, we have someone who programs engagement programs and all things content related as it relates to Marketo. This person also handles the majority of analytics set up and structure. In total, this is only a portion of this person's role, thus the total of four people supporting Marketo.
- None of the above are currently Marketo certified. We anticipate that will change soon.
- To get real benefit from an incredibly powerful Marketo system, dedicated full-time resources are required.
- Email marketing
- Content Nurture
- Prospect/Lead scoring and lifecycle management
- Closed-loop marketing effectiveness
- Integrated demand generation
- Content nurture through engagement programs
- Evolution towards marketing revenue performance management
- Deliver real-time personalization campaigns into web properties
- Broader multi-channel execution
Existing processes as well as connectivity with Salesforce would make a switch in platforms quite difficult. Mostly though, I haven't seen anything that can compete that would be better.
Use a trusted implementation partner. You don't know what you don't know and their expertise in implementation is worth every penny.
- Professional services company
Yes - We did an initial launch to get the product initially configured, then continued with an extend service plan to refine the system.
Change management was a major issue with the implementation - Process and strategy are huge components of any marketing automation implementation. no matter how you do it, it's going to take longer than you thought it would. Having high-level executive sponsorship is critical. The education is never ending. Technology is constantly changing and making the most effective use of new features is not a "how" question but "should" we one. Always allow plenty of time for up front training, but plan for ongoing training/education as well.
- Developing enough high quality content, quickly enough to get things started.
- Dealing with and educating remote sales and marketing teams.
- Changing mindsets from a product-marketing focus to one persona based.
I still believe Marketo is the best marketing automation platform available for an enterprise. It is the most complete, easiest to use (with the right training), and overall best value. Others have nice features and may excel in particular areas, but none are as complete as Marketo.
Like to use
Easy to use
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Engagement programs. There is nothing else like them in any other product.
- Setting up typical programs. The system was constructed by marketers for marketers and the step-by-step process is intuitive to use.
- Progressive profiling
- Basic reporting is fairly straight forward. Advance reporting can be a real challenge without the Revenue Cycle Analytics add on.
Yes, but I don't use it