Marketo for the win!
Updated September 29, 2016
Marketo for the win!
Manager in MarketingEducation Management Company, 10,001+ employees
Score 9 out of 10
- Marketo Lead Management
Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
Marketo is our go to resource for email, lead nurturing and demand generation. We use it on a daily basis worldwide to generate and nurture leads through events, new products, internal audience maintenance, newsletter and all demand generation efforts. When looking to purchase Marketo be prepared to be overwhelmed at first and also have one or two people who are fully invested in learning everything that Marketo has to offer. Some of the things not to do with Marketo are to expect you'll be up and running right away. Start slow with emails and begin to build your audiences while seeing how incorporating Marketo into your everyday life makes sense.
- Lead data management - If you have a large database make sure you simplify your lead fields but Marketo makes creating list and smart list very easy.
- Lead nurturing - Whether a batch nurture or more complex nurture stream, Marketo takes the guess work out of how you should be building these campaigns.
- Asset Management - Creating forms, landing pages, and emails is fairly simple as long as you have a basic understanding of design.
- Analytics - Pulling complex reports in Marketo can be somewhat difficult.
- Large database slowdowns - With a large database in tow and working through a VPN having more complex lists, it can take some time to generate the list.
- Training - Although it has gotten much better training has been a pain point for me with Marketo as it is a complex system and learning everything upfront is difficult to see where certain needs may be touched.
- Engage and grow customers over time
Since implementing Marketo 1 and 1/2 years ago we have gone from simple emails, to newsletters, to batch nurture campaigns, all the way to complex demand generation nurture flows. We have seen Marketo drive our digital efforts and help to manage marketing efforts for an ever-growing database. We have been able to branch out and connect Marketing to the product team and even sales.
When starting to use Marketo the determining factors I had in place were that it was more powerful than HubSpot and more user friendly than Pardot and Eloqua. I've recently heard that Eloqua has made strides to be more user friendly and is a more powerful platform than Marketo. However, Marketo's community still outweighs the benefits of Eloqua updates.
Adobe Marketo Engage Feature Ratings
WYSIWYG email editor
Ability to test dynamic content
Email deliverability reporting
Triggered drip sequences
Lead nurturing automation
Lead scoring and grading
Data quality management
Automated sales alerts and tasks
Social sharing and campaigns
Social profile integration
Role-based workflow & approvals
Integration with Salesforce.com
Integration with Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Integration with SugarCRM